cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump

Chad_Jen
Explorer
Explorer
Our water pump is on (pulling fresh water from the tank), we recently went to use the water at the faucet and nothing came out (even though the pump switch was on). We tried a little while later and it worked - both the pump running and water coming out. We have plenty of water in the tank but are confused about the intermittent water delivery. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
1. Make sure the water heater is not leaking thru the drain plug or relief valve.

2. I took this from an rv repair site:
. Water Pump test:
โ€ขTo test the water pump you will need a bucket of water and 2 short pieces of flexible water lines and a few clamps
โ€ขFill the bucket with water
โ€ขExamine which line come into the water pump and which goes towards the motorhome โ€“ when you are sure mark them accordingly so you can reconnect them properly
โ€ขDisconnect your RV from your city water supply
โ€ขTurn off the water pump open all your faucets and let them drain, leave the faucets open
โ€ขRemove the pre marked water line from the pump inlet
โ€ขAttach one of the flexible hoses to the water pump inlet and tighten the clamp โ€“ make sure that the hose fits the water pump inlet, then take the other end of the hose you just attached to the pump and put it into a full bucket of water
โ€ขRemove the pre-marked water line that connects to the water pump outlet
โ€ขAttach the other flexible hose to the water pump outlet, tighten the clamp and point it at the ground
โ€ขFinally, have someone turn on the water pump and observe if water comes out:
* If the water pump makes a sound but no water comes out or if the steam of water is weak then the pump is defective or it could have a plugged up filter/screen. Depending on the pump model and manufacturer it my be possible to rebuild the pump.

* If water comes out but and the stream is strong, then it would seem that the water pump is okay and something else is causing the lack of water flow through the lines. At this point, we canโ€™t suggest any further trouble shooting ideas, and suggest that you seek some professional assistance.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is strange. I guess I would look for a line kink or blockage. Check the pump filter. Ours it mounted on the pump.

Good Luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Chad_Jen
Explorer
Explorer
The pump will kick on (we can hear it) then stop. Nothing comes out of the lines - any faucet - not even air like it does before we have water in the lines.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we travel between campgrounds we will get air in the lines. When we start the pump at the next stop we get air then water. After that water, until we move on.

We have accidentally left the pump on while traveling and it was running continuously with all the facets closed. An air bubble from somewhere.

Our rig is small enough we hear the pump run.

Good Luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
MFL wrote:
If you have not used the water system/pump for a while, it may have had air in pump/lines, and taking a while to prime. If it continues to do this, pump may need some R&R, or just put in a new pump.

Jerry

^^^^^ This.

It's happened several times for me, just needed to prime to water line. If you're using it frequently, should maintain water in the line.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you have not used the water system/pump for a while, it may have had air in pump/lines, and taking a while to prime. If it continues to do this, pump may need some R&R, or just put in a new pump.

Jerry