cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is that ladder thingy on the roof called...?

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
So I am in the process of prepping my TC roof to accept a piece of new rubber roof to clean of the mess as documented HERE. I have a new vent and bubble-dome on order and am picking up some rubber roof and cement from a local roofing contractor...but-

...if I am going this far with all these new parts then why not replace that roof mount "cup" that holds the ladder as shown in the image below. But what is it called? I have looked on the Amazing A and E-trailer for ladder parts but they either do not sell them separately or I am using a wrong search term.

What is that hardware that accepts the ladder and hold it tight with a side set screw?

Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
8 REPLIES 8

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ardvark- thanks for that referral... I have used RV surplus in the past but forgot to look on their website... appreciate the lead. I have 2 on the way.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

ardvark
Explorer
Explorer
Try this: https://factoryrvsurplus.com/product/ld-4600-die-cast-foot-pad/

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I saw that universal kit and am not sure of the fit, so I am going to just clean up the existing ones as best I can.

I'll tell ;ya... I never use that Eterna Bind stuff. It don't hold and is a pain in the arse to remove. I spent about 4 hours prepping the roof today:

Before:

After:

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking for this a few years ago. The closest thing I could find was a ladder stand off kit like this. I don't know if the size is correct but it might get you in the right direction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stromberg-Carlson-8535-RV-Ladder-Repl-Universal-Aluminum-Stand-Off-Kit-1pk/162878929098?epid=28017015549&hash=item25ec5738ca:g:IO8AAOSw4HNacUNs

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
look under camco rv parts they make things for rv,

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
For black iron pipe it's called a floor flange but the pipe screws in rather that uses a set screw. So maybe it's called a ladder roof flange. I can't recall seeing any loose parts without buying the ladder except at RV surplus stores.

I replaced two ladders on my neighbors 5th W in the past year, yes he backed it into his shed twice. Not sure of the mfgr. on all of them but the second was a stromberg carlson brand and all three had a screw that came up through the bottom of the flange and screwed into a threaded part that was pressed into the ladder tubes.

I searched on roof flange and didn't find anything either.

Reuse the old one and cover it with sealer.

edit: I found one for a 1" tube:

https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/storage/fittings-framing-rail/Kee-Klamp-Fittings/aluminum-flange?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI25qIwKi42wIVCb3sCh1SqA0uEAkYDiABEgLQtvD_BwE

There's also some 3/4 hardware on that page.
Joe and Evelyn

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Ladder mount roof flange. or ladder thingie.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.