cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WD Storage

PineKap
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering where you all store your WD componets while in storage and while camping.

The WD Bars with all the grease are kinda a pain to store and not get all messy.

Pinekap
24 REPLIES 24

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
It helps when you grease the bars my hitch manual states they need to be greased but the noise will never go away.

jbjuices
Explorer
Explorer
Alright, I'm confused because my bars are not greased. Do I need to grease the bars? Is this why they're making SO much noise? It was especially awful when it rained.
RV: 2018 Highland Ridge Open Range 328BHS
TV: 2017 Ford F350 Platinum
2nd RV: 2010 Jayco 1207 PUP
2nd TV: 2004 Ford Excursion V10
Me ('72), DW ('76),
DS ('02), DD ('05), DD ('08)
Yellow Lab ('14), Golden Doodle ('12), Bichon Frise ('18)

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
I wipe the bars off on both ends, wipe the hitch ball, & remove the hitch head. Everything goes in the basement storage.

OntarioRay
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 26 inch carpenters tool box. I find that my 1,000lb WD bars fit in it just fine along with my 2 anti-sway bars plus there is a place for the pins and other stuff. The handles on each end make it easy to carry when full.

Bruce_H_
Explorer
Explorer
Not a problem with the Andersen WDH. I keep the ball unit on the tow vehicle; I just wipe off the ball so that no grease gets on anyone. The plate that attaches to the ball unit is attached to the A-frame with chains, and it just lays on the ground in front of the tongue jack. Nothing to store.

Bruce
2012 Lance 1575 TT pulled by 2013 4WD Expedition with HD Tow Package

tomdinwv
Explorer
Explorer
I use 2 Zip Lock bags (gallon size). Slide them over the business end of the bars and slide them in the pass through compartment. The hitch head stays on the truck unless we are going to take the truck out somewhere, then it goes in the pass through too. While in storage, it all goes in the pass through.

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a bunch of rags and wipe it all down then store it in the front cargo area. Also carry fresh grease and re grease for every leg. Nice thing is nothing in the truck while exploring.

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
We use a softball bat bag from Goodwill-$1.50 or so
Son uses a bag from a folding bag chair.
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
SAR Tracker wrote:
put a plastic bag around each greasy end, and zip-tie it on. Problem solved.

X2.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
put a plastic bag around each greasy end, and zip-tie it on. Problem solved.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)