cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

weight dist hitch

spitts55
Explorer
Explorer
How do i hookup my travel trailer and get it level if i have a slight slope in my driveway. Or do i pull my trailer in the road to hookup weight dit hitch.
5 REPLIES 5

hddecker
Explorer
Explorer
APT wrote:
Nothing needs to be level with respect to setting up a WDH. What you do want is something flat from the front axle of the TV to the rear frame of the TT. Your goals as camp-n-family said are getting the trailer frame level to slightly nose down and getting the front axle of the TV the same height/weight as if no trailer is hitched. This thread may be helpful.

Check your owners manual, there should be a very comprehensive chapter on setting up tow rig for towing.

It's a hole lot more than just hooking up and going, you need to balance the weight of the trailer and the TV.

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
Take it to a parking lot, the flatter and smoother the better.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing needs to be level with respect to setting up a WDH. What you do want is something flat from the front axle of the TV to the rear frame of the TT. Your goals as camp-n-family said are getting the trailer frame level to slightly nose down and getting the front axle of the TV the same height/weight as if no trailer is hitched. This thread may be helpful.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Initial set up should be done on a flat and level surface. Measure the trailer frame from the gound at the front and back to level it. Slightly nose low is best.

Once the hitch is set up and you know how many links to use etc, the settings usually stay the same so you can hitch it anywhere. Doesn't have to be flat or level.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

spitts55
Explorer
Explorer
Also do i go by the the bubble on trailer when i level it with my truck