cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What brand and power size of generator do I need ?

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Lance 20' TT and want a generator that will run both my AC and Microwave at the same time????
37 REPLIES 37

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
tomman58 wrote:
Somethings a miss here. A 20' TT and you are asking about a unit that even the big boys wouldn't bother with. Heck a 20" TT get a tray of ice and a battery fan to cool it off LOl

If it's a window A/C, a 2800 or 3000 can easily run both. Good catch.
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Somethings a miss here. A 20' TT and you are asking about a unit that even the big boys wouldn't bother with. Heck a 20" TT get a tray of ice and a battery fan to cool it off LOl
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Fisherman wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what we did before AC and microwaves. It must have been brutal, how did people survive such hardships.

I survived them quite well when I was a youngster, hiking the backcountry, riding a motorcycle cross country and sleeping in a tent, or under the stars.

Now I'm old and need a more friendly environment.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
Some people enjoy primitive camping, I don't. I love the redwood forests, but if I want to take a nap, sometimes A/C is nice. No need to disturb the wildlife with my snoring by napping outside.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes I wonder what we did before AC and microwaves. It must have been brutal, how did people survive such hardships.

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
Rent one and check first.

thekevin
Explorer
Explorer
So if I only wanted to run my AC and fridge would something like the Yamaha EF2600 work. It's 2600 watts and 21.6 amps.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
What makes two best are the two carburetors, two recoil starters, and the two oil changes. Double the pleasure.

Fireballsocal
Explorer
Explorer
I disagree Wrench. There are some definite benefits to the dual portable generators. I had a pair of yamahas for awhile. I am now back to a Yamaha ef3000iseb. It's noticeably quieter, has a slightly longer run time (The Yamaha ef2000 can't be run off of a separate gas tank), and I maintain only one machine. It sucks to move the 150 pound thing but as a whole, the single generator is best for me.

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
The best is 2 2k or better units,if you have to move it.I use 2 Hondas and at 8k altitude .they earn their keep

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
lol
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Time for some input from OP.

Who cares about the OP? They just gave us the opportunity to share our prejudices and preferences, brag about what we have, and knock whatever anyone else has.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Time for some input from OP.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
TomM is correct, there is no quiet generator though some are much more quiet than others.

RVing is not camping, when I sit in my TT listening to the morning news while my coffee warms in the microwave, it is a fact cry from sipping coffee in front of my tent, from a thermos, that I brewed the night before after a half days canoe paddle in the North Country.

Everyone's camping style is different, boondockers have perhaps managed to capture the best of both.

TT campgrounds do not lend themselves to the peace and solitude some folks seek but will say I enjoy both my RV and canoe camping adventurers.

Now back too the OPs question, it appears he will need the aforementioned 3500 watts.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.