cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Did You Do To Your Travel Trailer Today?

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Love seeing the list of stuff people do to their TT's.

Today I replaced a bunch of locks from the old oem CH751 to the coke machine type locks.
Also replaced the power converter, fan was dead and the power was dirty/noisy.
106 REPLIES 106

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the factory installed Atwood single stage converter/charger with a Powermax Boondocker PM4B 4 stage 60 amp unit from Best Converters and replaced the single 12 volt battery with 2 Trojan 105 6 volt batterys.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Just figured out why my electric part of the water heater wasn't working.
One of the AC wires fell off at the heating element!
Hooked it up and hot again.

janechucknicode
Explorer
Explorer
Started three weeks ago, did the batties dis-charged and recharged now well they are three years old. Cleaned all the elect fittings, did the brakes and bearings adjusting grease, along with 2 new tires..Removed the glass shower enclosure and replaced with a self made rail and curtain.
Wife helps alot in these projects.

Next was the cleaning out of that Atwood alum hot water tank, now that was a project. whew!! Installed an extension on to the kitchen sink "small folding shelf"

Installed the new Horst Miracle mtank monitors for the black and grey tanks.. Still have cramps in my back and hands for that !!:E

OH yea, I had to replace the crank up jack, it stopped about half way up one day, so I added a kick jack" or what ever they are called to keep frome needing blocks when jacking up.
Installed a Bike mount to the rear bumper, now weighs 28 pounds more but ,I can put on my 2 bikes and not worry about the bumper twisting and opoening the sewer tubes any more,,,plus drilled 1/8" holes in the ends ogf the tubes and put in tent wire stakes.. keeps the ends closed.
Boys and girls I am tired ..
Have a great Pumpkin and Turky and Holidays I'm gone:B for the winter to Falcon State Park. Hosting the REc center.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Today I began to unpack. We came home from yesterday, a few days early because snow was predicted. We have camped in snow before but we did not want to have to drive home thru lake effect snow. We may go again but we will have to take back out all of the things we hauled out of the trailer.

Chickenkiller
Explorer
Explorer
I caught the power awning on a corner of the storage awning. It dislocated the awning forward which twisted the arms of the awning. Have backed it in there a hundred times without incident but yesterday I hit a corner and 'nuff said. Tried to fix it but it does not operate properly so it will be going to the doctor.
Fred:C

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
120W portable folding solar panel suitcase.Over the weekend, I vacuumed out all the dirt, and dust, wiped everything off, hit Camper World for an anode for the Suburban Water heater, this one is aluminum. Vented and drained the water heater, inspected the existing anode (it's OK). Fired up the 2 honda 2000I's paired up and ran the AC, checked voltage out of the WFCO 55 amp jobber, cleaned up the battery terminals. Watched some football, drank some beer and then plugged the 22" lcd TV into an inverter, shut the generators off, and plugged in my new 120W portable folding solar panel suite case kit hooked up to the battery. It was making 5.5 amps at 3 pm. Not bad when it's PWM and capable of about 6.98 Amps at IMP, around noon. Days are getting pretty short.

WJeffB
Explorer
Explorer
watched my better half load what she (thinks) she needs, for our trip South, made sure the beer was in, and tomorrow will get hooked up for our trip to Fort Clinch State Park, in (hopefully ) sunny Florida for the next couple of weeks.

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
This week I treated all the slide seals, caulked a lot of seams, tighten a ton of screws, at least the ones that weren't stripped at the factory, installed a new quadra step to ease entry for my wife who has bad knees and the big project was to completely service the Buyers tongue jack.

The jack is about 15 years old and this is the second trailer it is on. Last trip out,it sounded like it was straining. Took it completely apart, lubed the main screw, lubed the bushings on the armature, dry lubed the "leg", found that one of the brush springs was jammed and not applying much pressure on the comutator. Completely reassembled it and it's good for another 15 years.
RVing since 1995.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going to pull mine out and dump the fresh water tank and water heater today. I get busy on the farm during fall harvest and have not used mine for a few weeks and that water is starting to get stale and smelly. I will blow air through the lines too but, I'm not going to fully winterize it just yet. You never know we could get a warm weekend in November after we get all the crops out. A guy's gotta have hope.

12rvjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Insulated the storage compartment between the compartment and the trailer with 1.5" rigid foam board, cleaned and vacuumed out the floor ducts and applied new tape to the openings. Neatened up the wires and hoses around the WH. Going to blow some cellulose insulation around the WH and under the bathtub ( Rodent proof ) . Then a good wash and clean up before winterizing .... should keep me out of trouble !!

Joe

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered a new Amish cooling unit for the dometic rm 2652 fridge. Freezer would be at 15 but the fridge would rise to 55.

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
Poured in the pink stuff, took out the batteries & propane tanks, covered it up. Always the saddest day of the year...

๐Ÿ˜ž
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet

wuhungsix
Explorer
Explorer
I sold it.

Will be looking for a new TT by next season. Or maybe a used 5'er.

flyinjake
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the interior roof vent trim and cleaned. While out I checked for further damage to the roof from a previous leak that has been fixed. No further water damage noted.

Removed the maxair vent covers and cleaned them. I also washed the roof.

Will reinstall the maxair covers Wednesday evening and wash the rest of the trailer.

Will continue to prep for our week long trip to Huntington Beach State Park in South Carolina. Also, on our way back, will spend a few days at Mistletoe State Park in Ga.

Oh, I also emptied the water out of the dehumidifier.

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the dometic fridge control board with a new dinosaur board that came as a spare with the TT .

May have damaged the original when the trailer plug came out and got dragged and ground down, causing all the wires to touch and blow fuses.

Also removed burner and wire brushed it clean.