Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you love about your TT?

KTnSteve
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

We just joined and are in the market for a small travel trailer, 16-21 feet. I was reading a lot of threads and someone mentioned that people do tend to post more about the negatives and not so much about what they love. So, I am curious, since we are trying to narrow down a model, which TT do you have and what do you love about it? I'm especially interested in that smaller size range.

Katie
66 REPLIES 66

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gosh, pld, an "over night guess?" Your sleeping arrangements are a lot more interesting than mine! 😉

Just kidding, of course. I use voice recognition software instead of typing. It is pretty good, but it sometimes makes the most hilarious errors -- "my computer can wreck a nice beach." (Recognize speech.)
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

pld33270
Explorer
Explorer
I will start by saying... we have owned and camped in a pop-up, 17'TT, 21'TT, 26'TT, and a 32' 5er. We are back at 20'TT.

What we like about small TT, especially the 20ish foot size.
-Get in most any campground
-towable with V6 1/2 ton truck
-neo-angle shower
-walk around queen
-sofa slide
-great for 2 of us and our 2 little dogs
-plenty of outside and inside storage
-it is paid for
Small TTs are great for couples with no kids in tow. An occasional over night guess is ok.
Camp with my lovely wife, Rat Terriers and Jack Chi
2022 Rockwood Minilite 2205S
2015 GMC Canyon, crew cab, long bed
2 Honda EU 2000i
Andersen WDH

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I love the fact that it's generator ready - meaning I can install a generator in it.

Very few manufacturers to that.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
We bought used, got it for our budget price, good quality, minor issues easily fixed.

Floorplan is awesome for us, I can get up in morning, plug the coffee in and let the wife sleep while I relax, looking out the large windows.

We plan on getting the lexan panels that can be installed and removed on screen door so we have even better view outside and still run AC or heat when needed..

or right now the smoke in the air is very unhealthy so we need to be closed up, with AC on and not getting outside air.

mgann
Explorer
Explorer
That I paid cash, everthing works as it should, no leaks ever, light weight and I just bought 2 new complete Dexter 3500# axles and had metal roof totally resealed and coated. We are ready to roll on down the road.
2014 Chevrolet 1500, crew cab, srw, 2wd, 4.6 gas, Stock class V, 1995 Mallard by Fleetwood model 19n

jacqui583
Explorer
Explorer
We just took our new Flagstaff 25KS for it's maiden voyage. A selling feature for me was how deep the kitchen counters are. they are a good foot deep behind the stove and sink which gives you lots of room for your coffeepot, toaster, or whatever. I couldn't believe how much of a difference that made for prep space in a smaller trailer.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I like that there is room to hang my feet off the bed and walk around it. I also like the room that the slide gives and rear bunk room for storage plus large barn door in the rear. I don't like the lilliputian bathroom.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
I love that mine is 7 foot wide, because I can store it on the side of my house (barely) with 3 inches to the house, and about the same to the first tree.
I also love that it is light enough to tow behind my 180 HP Nissan Xterra when necesssry.
I do wish the bathroom and refrigerator were a smidge bigger.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

Macrosill
Explorer
Explorer
The space. We crammed a family of 5, 125lb dog and usually a kids friend in a 27' trailer with no slides. The amount of room in a triple slide vs the no slide unit we had is night and day. We love the space inside the trailer. We can actually move around without squeezing past each other every minute.
Thanks,
Brian

TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TV = 2006 Ford F-350 CC DRW 6.0

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
My trailer is larger than what you're looking for, but for the two of us, it's as near perfect as a RV is going to be. We have a 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB. It's 27' from rear bumper to the front of the hitch.

It has no slide, enough room for the two of us. Lots of storage. One thing it doesn't have that would be nice is a pantry. However, we just use one of the tubs under one of the dinette benches that came with the trailer for heavy food supplies.

Has a large wardrobe in the bathroom. Needed when going on 8800 mile trips across the country,

If need be, it can carry 80 gallons of water, and has 40 gallon gray and black tanks.

The Jay Flight models are the old style, "stick and tin", but it works quite well for us. It's small enough that we've had no problem keeping it cool enough with one 13.5k BTU A/C. However, if I were ordering it, I would have gotten a 15k BTU A/C.

And at 6500# GVWR and 27' long, it's not too heavy or long for my 2014 F150 Supercab long bed with the Heavy Duty Payload Package.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
pretty well everything, ours was a "handimans special"!! I knew in advance what it needed and fixed it. it required a new structural floor in the 12 ft slide out, big job but materials were cheap. so its paid for and worth a lot more than what I paid for it!
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The rear kitchen is probably no.1 - tons of counter space!!
No. 2 is the slide and the double recliner love seat with power recline that we bought for it. (Dumped the crappy jacknife sofa on CL).

Others include the walk-around bed, large wardrobe in the slide, 30"x48" walk-in shower, fridge in the slide, Maxxair fan in bedroom and bathroom, 2nd exit door in bedroom, arched ceiling, frameless windows, fiberglass exterior. Love the light grey exterior (white is so yesterday, lol). Also the heavy duty frame with shocks, Dexter equalizers, Dexter wet bolts, 5200 lb axles, 12" brakes and upgraded LRD tires.

And then there's all the mods I've done that you'll never find in an off-the-shelf TT.

Our TT is 29' overall and perfect for the two of us. It took 3 TTs in 3 years to find a keeper tho.

Nosedive
Explorer
Explorer
#1 Two A/C Units, need it in the south.
#2 Three slides with island sink
#3 Entry Closet

Dislike

The worst possible TV location known to man. Directly perpendicular to the dinette.

tralertrash
Explorer
Explorer
After reading the problems with newer trailers on this forum, I think the thing I like most about mine is that it has been generally trouble free. It's an 06 Salem, not fancy, but I've had little or no problems with it. I'm a firm believer in taking care of whatever I own and with a little TLC and fixing things when you see trouble, ours has been a pleasant experience.

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
We had concerns that the one 13.5k but a/c wasn't going to cut it in our 32.5" trailer but even in 90 degree temperatures it's kept us cool.