cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best safe for a TC?

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see one TC that comes with a floor safe which seems like a good idea for those on long vacations/fulltiming or just spend a lot of time in their TC away..Mine is an older TC but I do want to get a safe for it whether portable or mounted..

What do you use or do you?
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04
16 REPLIES 16

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have one fairly small fireproof safe we used before we got our gun safe but it is as thick as it is big with no handles..There's really no way to secure it..When we had the fifth wheel and travel trailer there was plenty of room to hide and secure a safe,not so much in our truck camper..I'm thinking either really small for the pull up cabinets next to the cabover bed or something anchored in a closet...Kinda lost on this one..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think any true safe would be far too heavy and take up too much space. The pistol safes like gunvault are “ok”, but they still take up a lot of room. I think the best option is a combination cable lock run through a solid D ring mount would be the best solution for most people. Any prepared thief to easily defeat any safe, so I think it’s best to focus on the casual thief. I’ve used all, but like I said, I lean toward the cable lock.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member