cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the current state of big 3 diesels?

xaugievike
Explorer
Explorer
Let's avoid brand bashing please...

Just curious about real world experiences with the newer diesels. My experience is with the pre emission LBZ. How are the new ones doing, particularly with all the emissions equipment and any problems that stuff is (or is not?) causing?

Thanks for your input.
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500hd DRW.
Pulling Keystone Cougar 325SRX

A buddy and I started a blog - you can read it here:
http://twoguyscamping.blogspot.com
33 REPLIES 33

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
2013 LML Duramax. I picked it up used first weekend of May with 41,000 miles on it. Only a couple short trips with the trailer since then. Love it! About 2,000+ miles on it since purchase, might have been one regen that I was aware of. Really happy with it!
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I am the second owner of my 2008 GMC 3500 and neither of us have had any issue with the truck. Currently at 123000 miles and all service done at recommend intervals. When the truck goes into regen the mileage drops like a rock and the smell it produces is a little nauseating but no issues.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Simple. They are all good.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
xaugievike wrote:
Let's avoid brand bashing please...

Just curious about real world experiences with the newer diesels. My experience is with the pre emission LBZ. How are the new ones doing, particularly with all the emissions equipment and any problems that stuff is (or is not?) causing?

Thanks for your input.

No brand bashing?

Good luck with that. Your profile says you are a senior member. I find that hard to believe considering what you are asking.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS