cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your favorite camp chair?

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for a pair of camp chairs. What is your favorite chair for comfort? Sturdy and durbale are good qualities, but comfort tops the list.

Thanks,

Paul
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell
17 REPLIES 17

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
northshore wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P2XZKZ0?tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1
This is the chair we use, comfortable sturdy and I like the way it folds up and stores.
Its the free style Rocker portable folding rocking chair

It's nice to take the trackers off links. Basically just leave off anything after the first ? you encounter.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P2XZKZ0
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

TRIPLE8
Explorer
Explorer
We have camping chairs from Sam's Club. $22 each and the most comfortable weve ever used.
06 chevy silverado 2500 d-max
2013 Ford F350 DRW
2021 Host Mammoth
2007 KTM 525 EXC
2019 RZR Turbo S
2020 Yamaha MT-07
87 Suzuki Samurai (highly modified)

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the strongback's for 10 years. on one the material on the front corner of the seat tore out where the bottom pole sticks out forward. But I guess not bad for 10 years. I now use them in my garage and I notice I keep sliding forward in them. But they are comfortable chairs.

back when I got them they had a life time warranty from LLBean. they offered to replace it but it lasted 10 years, I think free replacement would be excessive.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
MORSNOW wrote:
We have 2 Strongback brand chairs, they are incredible chairs. Super comfortable, extremely strong, and durable.

https://www.strongbackchair.com/

They just showed up. They are quite spacious, sturdy, and comfortable. At 220lbs I only fill about 70% of the chair These could eaisly handle a 300lb person if they are are careful about getting up out of the chair. I would consider the next size down if less than 250lbs. They come w a heavy duty sack for storage and carrying, but you're not going to want to carry them very far. These are a keeper though.

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer

GCI Outdoors directors chair folds flat About the size of a pizza box. Easy to store,sturdy, holds up to 250 lbs. We’ve had ours for 8 years with no problems. Fairly comfortable
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
cptqueeg wrote:
These have a 3 yr warranty when purchased from their online store and no tax, no shipping. The reviews are stellar especially regarding comfort.

Some of the ones others mentioned seem to have nagging quality issues which was a no go for me.

We read many reviews and looked at other camping websites and took a shot at them. We were impressed the moment we sat in one, I'm a big guy and the chair just fit great, no slouching, no digging into our legs, firm support, nice arm rests, and quality built. The angle on your back is the best part when compared to any other camp chair!
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
MORSNOW wrote:
We have 2 Strongback brand chairs, they are incredible chairs. Super comfortable, extremely strong, and durable.

https://www.strongbackchair.com/

These have a 3 yr warranty when purchased from their online store and no tax, no shipping. The reviews are stellar especially regarding comfort.

Some of the ones others mentioned seem to have nagging quality issues which was a no go for me.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Supercharged111 wrote:

They're not cupholders, they're beer holders.

BS no chair on US market can hold my 1l mug

thedavidzoo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We used to have a style like these, but decided that having no where to rest your head was a no-go, plus your butt hurts after sitting a while. Fold out table is nice to have, but transport is a pain as the footprint is big.

Now we are experimenting with a knockoff Helinox brand that is MUCH more comfy, supports your nogging for naps, is very light and easily folds into a tiny sausage. Some come with a "cup holder".

2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

Supercharged111
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Depends how much storage space you have and how much money you want to spend.
The anti-gravity recliners can be bought cheap, but take lot of storage.
Most of the time we take the "umbrella" chairs that we bought for $7 few years ago.
Just make sure you get the one with armrests and cupholder.

They're not cupholders, they're beer holders.
2007 Lance 1131
1997 GMC K3500 crew cab supercharged dually

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends how much storage space you have and how much money you want to spend.
The anti-gravity recliners can be bought cheap, but take lot of storage.
Most of the time we take the "umbrella" chairs that we bought for $7 few years ago.
Just make sure you get the one with armrests and cupholder.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
The nice ones my friends bring and not my cheap ones.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Favorites are probably the Coleman heavy duty folding with tables and cup holder.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Hands down, Folding rocking chairs from Camping world can’t be beat.