cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What the ??

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning on downsizing my class A to a B+ rv under 25 foot, was also looking at new trucks and a camper as a 2nd option, so with the price of a new F-250 to F-350 and a new camper with a slideout it would cost almost the same price as a new small class A motorhome, {$100,000+}

The BT cruiser class B+ new starts at $72,000 and has twice the room of most campers..

How in the world does the truck camper makers stay in business with these high prices..

:h
31 REPLIES 31

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
I think the truck campers are meant for someone that already has (or otherwise needs) a truck - the truck is useful even when you're not camping.

Also, a lot of the price for the truck comes from options -- you can buy a base model V-8 F-250 for under $40K and add a $30K camper shell for the price of that motorhome. The camper is going to be more cramped than the motorhome, but you can use the truck when you're not camping so it's a trade-off.

E-350 cutaways aren't that expensive, they cost around $30K (and will be equipped about the same as that F-250 base model)

For me, the tradeoff was easy, I don't need (or want) a truck, so I got a motorhome.

KansasKen
Explorer
Explorer
versatility, truck can be used during the 85% of the time campers never leave home. ? in my mind is how average worker can afford a new f350.
2011 Host Everest Triple & F350 Crew DRW 4x4 Diesel (both loaded see profile)