cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where are all the used TC in Florida????

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
I can not find a decent used TC since moving here. Of course the Lazy Days and Camping World would love to sell you a new rig...... :R
21 REPLIES 21

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
This is why I will not buy a unit blind:

http://www.campersinn.com/inventory/362097/Used-2001--Real_Lite-1140.aspx

emailed for the weight, the reply was to arrange for an appointment. I called yesterday, again asking about the weight, any water damage, and what was hanging on the knob by the sink. I was told the weight was 2400, no damage, unit was in good condition, and the bag was rags from cleaning. I drove over 2 hours to find out the weight 3240, the unit absorb so much water damage, the walls inside and out and the floors were spongy. I pushed under the bed on the outside and brown water squeezed out of the seam and the bag of rags was damp rid with water, I don't think the unit was cleaned since it was new..... Of course the sales'kid' plรฅyed or simply was dumb.... The search continues and I would steer clear of this rv dealer.

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
billtex wrote:
TTBeachBum wrote:
Hvyhauler wrote:
No shortage of TC's in the Jacksonville/St.Augustine Florida area I see them just about daily.

Check out Ocean Grove RV in St. Augustine Fl. and also New Horizon RV in San Mateo Fl.

2000 Lance 1130
2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4 LWB QC
2007 Mountaineer 5ver

That's the next area will check out. My TT has just been sold...and I am itching to get into a rig...

I need to research air bags vs timbren springs.... :?

Not so fast!

You may not need any suspension mods...get the camper first!

Good luck, Bill

Thanks Bill, I am trying to be an educated buyer before interacting with the dealers/sellers. The trucks payload is 3404, I think it is tc certified for 2900 which limits the options without enhancements as airbags etc.. I don't want to be on the idiots spotter facebook page (learn by my stupid mistakes in the past)...aka towing on the beach (But made some nice friends)..

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
silversand wrote:
No shortage of TC's in the Jacksonville/St.Augustine Florida area I see them just about daily.

Check out Ocean Grove RV in St. Augustine Fl. and also New Horizon RV in San Mateo Fl.

...we visited Ocean Grove RV (St Augustine area), and they sell Lance truck campers...

Driving around Anastasia Island last week, we saw a Bigfoot (at a beach access), a Lance, and 2 other truck campers in the area. We also saw 3 truck campers for sale (stored in various driveways). Two of them looked exceedingly rotted.

Personally, I would be really vigilant owning and storing a camper in the extreme heat/humidity of Florida; if we ever went that route (I mean spending many months a year in Florida with the truck camper), I would have an air conditioned (with supplemental dehumidifier) garage big enough to store it in while camper was not in use. YMMV.

exactly all the used rigs have some sort damage or water damage, it is depressing...

silversand
Explorer
Explorer

...we visited Ocean Grove RV (St Augustine area), and they sell Lance truck campers...

Driving around Anastasia Island last week, we saw a Bigfoot (at a beach access), a Lance, and 2 other truck campers in the area. We also saw 3 truck campers for sale (stored in various driveways). Two of them looked exceedingly rotted.

Personally, I would be really vigilant owning and storing a camper in the extreme heat/humidity of Florida; if we ever went that route (I mean spending many months a year in Florida with the truck camper), I would have an air conditioned (with supplemental dehumidifier) garage big enough to store it in while camper was not in use. YMMV.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
TTBeachBum wrote:
Hvyhauler wrote:

2000 Lance 1130
2007 Mountaineer 5ver

That's the next area will check out. My TT has just been sold...and I am itching to get into a rig...

Not so fast!

You may not need any suspension mods...get the camper first!

Good luck, Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
Hvyhauler wrote:

2000 Lance 1130
2007 Mountaineer 5ver

Redsky
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen some great deals though on motorhomes for sale in Florida when people find out that their association will not allow them to be parked in front of people's houses.

Redsky
Explorer
Explorer
Most older folk gravitate to trailers or motorhomes where they do not have to climb up as many stairs or crawl up into the sleeping area. I tend to associate Florida as an area that has more than its share of older folks.

Hvyhauler
Explorer
Explorer

2000 Lance 1130
2007 Mountaineer 5ver
2006 Dodge 3500 DRW SLT 4x4 LB QC CTD PullRite SuperGlide
2007 Mountaineer 336RLT Mich. XPS Ribs Duro Max XP4400E Gen.
2000 Lance 1130 Torklifts/SL/Stainless Generac Gen.
2 Rescued Camping Collies (always ready to go)

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the TC's that we have checked out have some sort of damage that was not repaired. I as guessing that is why they got rid of the units.

Thanks for the links! I will be checking these outs.

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
My first truck camper I found was up in Ocala.Had it for a year..I sold it in 48 hours for double what I paid for it.

The current one was in Jupiter Fl. The guy had it listed for close to a year but since it was a short bed camper he couldn't sell it. I got it for 10K less then he had it listed for.

Unicorns are easier to find...
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
There is a 2001 Lance 1030 model thats for sale in Pensacola. Talked with owner and was just about leave from Dallas but found one in Oklahoma instead. He was asking 8500.00 but think He will take less. Pensacola craigslist.

macdale4
Explorer
Explorer
I gave up and drove up to Apache RV in Oregon to pickup my new Arctic Fox 1140. It was worth the trip.
Dale & Eileen
1998 Lance 945 Legend
2011 Ford F-350, dually, 4 X 4

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
Too much rain and humidity, rots any wood camper
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator