cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where are they?

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks I was wondering. I am winterizing my 2000 Mallard 26E travel trailer. I can't seem to find the hot and cold water drain lines underneath. I have looked all over and I see nothing. I can't believe it wouldn't have them. My last TT did. Also my water pump is not working. Now I have the TT hooked up to my generator but not shore power. Does it need to be plugged into shore power to work. My microwave works off the generator. And where would this pump be. I looked under the sink, behind the sofa and nothing. Any ideas on this stuff would really be helpful. I want to finish this project by tomorrow. Thanks
2000 Mallard 26E
2015 Chevy Silverado 1500
12 REPLIES 12

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:
My low point drains are conveniently located behind the wheels, above the axels and extend a full 3" below the bottom cover, protected from theft by the frame.

I had the TT for over a year before I discovered them. I was pulling the wheels to check the brakes and there they were. Foolish me I should have thought to look there first. No valves just two small caps, it should have been obvious. ๐Ÿ™‚

My Coachmen has a similar setup. There's no chance the drains will ever be damaged by flying road debris.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
I will check again by the wheels for those drain tubes. I will also look by the bedroom night stands to se if there is a panel that it could be behind. I have checked the fuse for the water pump and it is good. Thanks for your help.
2000 Mallard 26E

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
My low point drains are conveniently located behind the wheels, above the axels and extend a full 3" below the bottom cover, protected from theft by the frame.

I had the TT for over a year before I discovered them. I was pulling the wheels to check the brakes and there they were. Foolish me I should have thought to look there first. No valves just two small caps, it should have been obvious. ๐Ÿ™‚
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Is your water pump working at all? Might have a fuse blown that supplies power to it. Should work off of the battery.... I just got through a week ago helping a neighbor winterize a Coleman travel trailer. We both looked for the bypass valves....found them underneath his couch in the rear of the trailer. My pump for my Puma is located underneath my sink...hot water heater bypass are in the hallway behind a removable panel.
Mark

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
jorge1958 wrote:
Well I just got done winterizing my TT as best I could. Used compressed air and blew out the lines and hot water heater. Still couldn't find the water pump and drain lines. Maybe there not there. Don't know. I noticed under the trailer there aren't a bunch of lines hanging down. Its actually very clean. Dropped a little air line anti-freeze down the traps and toilet. Hope she doesn't freeze up this winter.

Water pump may be under a panel to the left of your bed, just in front of the shelf below your wardrobe closet if that is just above your water fill on the outside. That is where mine is in my Bullet. Check if you have a horizontal panel that just looks like an extension of the end table with screws in it.
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
Well I just got done winterizing my TT as best I could. Used compressed air and blew out the lines and hot water heater. Still couldn't find the water pump and drain lines. Maybe there not there. Don't know. I noticed under the trailer there aren't a bunch of lines hanging down. Its actually very clean. Dropped a little air line anti-freeze down the traps and toilet. Hope she doesn't freeze up this winter.
2000 Mallard 26E

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I looked back there yesterday and didn't see anything. I will look again. I noticed that in the bathroom closet the lower panel is removable and it is right above the hot water heater. I will remove that today and take a look. Thanks again
2000 Mallard 26E

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
i would say the drains are in the back.corner by the water heater as well as the pump would be there might be behind or under a panel

as a side note if they froze the owner might have just took them out

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
The batteries are all charged up. I bought the trailer last May and have never used the water pump until yesterday. Does not come on for some reason. Everything else works just fine. And I can't seem to locate it. The drain lines are puzzling to. I guess the manufacture thinks that everything will drain into the gray tank. However the owners manual says to open up the drain lines when winterizing. I just don't see them though. Really strange.
2000 Mallard 26E

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Some rigs don't have individual drains. My Winnebago only has a single one located where the supply from the pump turns up into the coach. Apparently they expect, with the water heater bypassed, this will drain down all the lines. It also came with the anti-freeze fill tube. I always use my compressor to blow the water out.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Water pump is 12 volt, micro is 120 vac. different systems. Is your converter up and working? Battery well connected?

Moved from ATC