cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who was looking for TT with street side door??

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to recall someone recently looking for a TT with a street side door in addition to the regular curbside door. Camped next to a Sunset with a slide on the street side, likely dinette, and a door right behind it. Didn't have an opportunity to visit or check it out closely, but appeared to be 28 - 29', maybe a year or two old. Nice looking. Hope this helps with the search.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!
4 REPLIES 4

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
I did not know it was legal to park on motorways let alone camp but they still allow a door for the driver to enter and exit from.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

Timtation
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure but: If you had a street side door wouldn't you have curbside discharges? Wouldn't this produce discharges to storm drains so you could visit the in-laws and set up next to the storm drain, run a hose to the house spigot, electric to the garage outlet and impose until the authorities came around?
Precluding this option is why I figured the outlets were always on the driver's side.;)

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
tgoodhew wrote:
I wasn't looking for this but my father back in Australia was looking at a new trailer (Roma Caravans, 21' Elegance Slide Out) and they were pricing that at $98K (Aus dollar) for a 21 footer with one slide-out.

Apparently the government requires that there be a door on the sidewalk side which means that you can't just bring in a US trailer without doing modifications to the floor plan.

Anyway, thanks for posting this - I just sent him the link as he was thinking about just importing one as it would still be cheaper than buying a local model.

$98 Freaking K, that's just outrageous....

Roma is the oldest surviving RV maker Globally starting in 1928. The door on the sidewalk side is pretty logical as you do not want one opening onto the freeway. Many small builders, 130 last count, so high prices for a small market. The Roma was next to US modified Viewfinder. Roma seemed a whole lot better, it was a lot easier to walk inside for starters. Average prices are more in the mid 50,000 bracket for a lot of them.
I have seen 2012 Elegance models going for 65,000, so the 98,000 seems a bit much.

tgoodhew
Explorer
Explorer
I wasn't looking for this but my father back in Australia was looking at a new trailer (Roma Caravans, 21' Elegance Slide Out) and they were pricing that at $98K (Aus dollar) for a 21 footer with one slide-out.

Apparently the government requires that there be a door on the sidewalk side which means that you can't just bring in a US trailer without doing modifications to the floor plan.

Anyway, thanks for posting this - I just sent him the link as he was thinking about just importing one as it would still be cheaper than buying a local model.

$98 Freaking K, that's just outrageous....