cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why didn't I do this sooner?

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I always hated the cabinet latches on my Lance. Any big bump and you were more than likey going to find the cabinet open and stuff on the floor. I had one break and I installed a push/pull latch before the last trip. the cabinet stayed shut down one heck of a pothole road. I spent an hour today removing all the old latches and installing the new ones. Nothing to push just grab and pull. the cut out for the old latch makes for a perfect handle. I stll lef the hooks i put in on the cabinets that have pots and pans or breakables. It took less than 5 minutes per latch to install. $11.69 per latch at Camping World

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags
9 REPLIES 9

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
I totally dislike plastic anything!! I replaced those plastic latches on the drawers of my motorhome with brass ball catches. Plastic catches broke within 6 months of being new.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Is that on 2008 Lance?
I prize my 2002 Lance for excelent cabinet latches, so did they cut corners in following years?
Not only rock-solid, but push button on the side make perfect cosmetics.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine have never broken. Might be what you are carrying.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
and they break every couple of years..

I've had replace several them already on my Host.

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
These latches are about half that price at McMaster. Without the "RV" markup....and available in 3, 5, and 10 lb pull.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

run100
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting about your latch upgrade. I'll keep them in mind if needed in the future.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Good job..I need to do the exact same thing..My so called hidden latches need to be replaced..They work okay but there are better choices out there now.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
there on e bay about $4.bucks each takes two screws to change out. used them for tears work great.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Better late than never!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member