Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wobbly Two-post Table

herbhofmann
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Summit tt that I just purchased and the dining table is
very unstable. It has two of the typical table posts so you can turn the dinette into a bed for short people. I'm not sure I want to permanently mount the table in the upright position, so the ideal would be to repair the posts. I saw upgraded posts at Camping World but the cost was a bit high. Any ideas?
Herb & Liz
3 Adult Kids & Spouses who love to Camp with us
2002 Toyota Tundra
2008 Thor Summit 22RB (2013 >)
1973 Prowler 18ft. (2003-2013)

There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice. John Calvin
5 REPLIES 5

herbhofmann
Explorer
Explorer
One end is at the wall and I thought about adding a bracket to stabilize the table, but it has laminate construction and I'm not sure how to solidly attach anything to the walls. the folding legs sound like a good idea.
Herb & Liz
3 Adult Kids & Spouses who love to Camp with us
2002 Toyota Tundra
2008 Thor Summit 22RB (2013 >)
1973 Prowler 18ft. (2003-2013)

There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice. John Calvin

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
We had one of those on a Keystone Cougar. I bought another leg and each end from Camping World and turned my two-legger into a three-legger by adding the third leg in the back... triangle shape.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Same problem. We bought and attached a set of folding legs like you see on the bottom of the typical folding table. Attached them to the end of the table that is against the wall. Works well.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We ditched the twin pedestal pipes and mounts, and went with a set of folding table legs on ours.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Does the end of your table fit against the wall? We have a bracket that the end of ours fits in and I assume is what holds it without wobbling.