cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you sleep with an AGM battery under your bed?

Rovito
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about just breaking the bank and getting a pair of AGM golf cart batteries to put under the bed of our 19 foot KZ Sportsmen classic. Three reasons. 1, No room on the tongue. Propane tank takes up most of the exposed area of a very small space. Current battery sits almost under the tank. 2, Quicker recovery time for recharge with generator. 3, I can move them further back closer to the axle to help distribute the extra weight. Thoughts and opinions welcome.Thanks.
2001 Ford F150 pulling a KZ Sportsmen classic 19BH.
22 REPLIES 22

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see a problem. People sleep over, gasoline, diesel fuel, propane and black water.
An AGM battery under my bed wouldn't bother me.. :B

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
yes without a second thought
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

Rovito
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Any other pros or cons? Do I need to get a different converter? Life span vs cost?
2001 Ford F150 pulling a KZ Sportsmen classic 19BH.

The_ugly_duckli
Explorer
Explorer
Rovito wrote:
Thinking about just breaking the bank and getting a pair of AGM golf cart batteries to put under the bed of our 19 foot KZ Sportsmen classic. Three reasons. 1, No room on the tongue. Propane tank takes up most of the exposed area of a very small space. Current battery sits almost under the tank. 2, Quicker recovery time for recharge with generator. 3, I can move them further back closer to the axle to help distribute the extra weight. Thoughts and opinions welcome.Thanks.

We would,and we do. Have two Trojan AMG deep cycle batteries under our bed.

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
6V via 12v AGM is the way to think!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, technically I do - I sleep in the cabover bunk and have an AGM starting battery for the engine. So, the AGM battery is under my bed. Haven't had any issues. 😉

Seriously, I wouldn't have a problem with the battery. But I would not move any potential humming components under there (e.g., Converter, inverter).
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yes.