cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can sell it . . . but can't get it off your mind

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
I sold my beloved TC a couple months ago and purchased a TT so I would have more room for the grandkids, etc.

Hardly a week goes by that my husband and I don't comment that we miss it and will get another. We still play "spot the truck camper".

I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamed (is that the correct word???) that I went to visit my father,(who has been dead for about 9 years)and he had an old classic Avion TC in his driveway. My sisters were trying to convince him that he was too old to travel in it, but I was on his side and told him to go for it. His last travel trailer was an Airstream so I assume that is why I had Avion on my brain.

Any dream readers out there? This mean Dad is telling me to get another TC ASAP???? Or just never listen to my sisters and be as reckless as I want????
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon
22 REPLIES 22

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buy another TC! Use both as appropriate and be HAPPY!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Here you go... Our two rvs at our seasonal site!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
WVbassmistress wrote:
I dreamed (is that the correct word???)
Dreamt and dreamed are both acceptable.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had a 4WD Jeep in my possession since back in the 50's... Just a couple years ago we had to sell my beloved Jeep for money issues and I cried like baby when the guy left with it...

Reminds me when I was a youngster living with Mom and Dad and family on a small farm in southern Illinois. For some reason he had to let his two beloved horses go and I remember watching him as the horses was being loaded up and leaving. Dad did good until one horse turned his head for one more look at my Dad. That's when he lost it... The only time I ever saw my Dad break down in tears...

I will turn a head for every Jeep I run across now... You can bet I will have another one probably sooner rather than later haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I sold my TC as I was driving away from it I knew I made a mistake. Purchased a 30 foot TT. Now looking for another TC.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Bubtoofat
Explorer
Explorer
Reckless? Hardly. Listen to your father. He's telling you to get the truck camper. HA! I don't know what I'm talking about. If your pockets are deep then have both the TC and TT and decide which one is right for you after a year or two, then sell the other. Do what YOU want and don't let others convince you to do otherwise. Life is short. Hmmmm, maybe that's what your dad was trying to tell you.

Mike
2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4X4 6.0
2011 Northstar Adventurer
Hellwig Bigwig, Ride-Rites, Fastguns, KYB Monomax.

"No matter where I am, I can't help feeling I'm just a day away from where I want to be."
Jackson Browne

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
Go for it. Besides a lot of people on this planet think we're all nuts anyway for having any kind of RV.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
More than one person here has two or more different types of RVs. Maybe you need to do the same. 🙂

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member