cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Zinger ZT39BH on Order

whwaldrep
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for comments and concerns of things to look for during the PDI specifically with Zinger. Also if anyone has pictures of the sewer connection area or electrical panel area I would be grateful. I'm planning to install a surge guard and a sani-con system.

Thank you,
Wesley
2011 FORD F350 CREWCAB 6.7L DRW
ProPride 3P Sway Control Hitch
2014 Zinger ZT39BH
EU3000iS
WiFiRanger GO/MOBILE
8G8D-Deka 265 Ah Deep Cycle GEL Battery
27 REPLIES 27

whwaldrep
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I know I'm a good bit over weight. We are only going short distance's until the new truck arrives. But believe it or not with the propride hitch it pulls fine, but I would not chance pulling it over a mountain with the current setup. And backing it is not to bad, however I'm not trying to squeeze it any tight spots.
2014 Zinger ZT39BH
EU3000iS
WiFiRanger GO/MOBILE

3_0charlie
Explorer
Explorer
TW of 1300Lbs. I wonder what is the max. hitch capacity of that Yukon XL...
John, DW and 4 kids.
2013 Kodiak 263RLSL
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid

bmupton
Explorer
Explorer
Doug33 wrote:
How much does that 39' weigh? I'd love to have something that big, except when towing and backing into a site or on the side of my house. My 28' was enough of a challenge! Does your unit have a sliding door? The unit next to us last weekend was 39' and had the sliding doors. It was massive, and up on blocks, because no one was towing that big old thing!

8641 dry, 11469 Gross.

My ZT33BH clocks in just under 10,000 lbs loaded with my gear. It's around the same weight dry.
TT: 2013 Zinger ZT33BH
TV: 1986 6.2 Diesel Chev 3/4 ton van

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
How much does that 39' weigh? I'd love to have something that big, except when towing and backing into a site or on the side of my house. My 28' was enough of a challenge! Does your unit have a sliding door? The unit next to us last weekend was 39' and had the sliding doors. It was massive, and up on blocks, because no one was towing that big old thing!
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

bmupton
Explorer
Explorer
BrianExplore wrote:
Good looking trailer!

AGREE!!

Best of luck with any "new trailer" problems that crop up!

BrianExplore
Explorer
Explorer
Good looking trailer!

whwaldrep
Explorer
Explorer
It's here!!

2014 Zinger ZT39BH
EU3000iS
WiFiRanger GO/MOBILE

bmupton
Explorer
Explorer
APT wrote:
Do yoo plan to pull it with the 2011 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 6.2L?

I sure hope not!

bmupton
Explorer
Explorer
Run the furnace long enough to heat the living space to an uncomfortable level.

I have the 33BH and the furnace cycles. I imagine if the design of the 39 is similar it may have the same problem...air flow.

If the furnace cycles, they need to fix it.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Is someone towing this Zinger to a seasonal site for you? Do yoo plan to pull it with the 2011 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 6.2L?
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Crazy4gsds
Explorer
Explorer
I videoed our PDI thanks to the suggestions here. Came in handy - especially when I had to refer back to it more than once!
2011 CruiserRV Viewfinder 27RBSS
2012 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew EcoBoost
Frannie our dark sable German Shepherd furkid
Fritz our red sable German Shepherd Dog gone but never forgotten
Darby our black/tan German Shepherd Dog gone but never forgotten

reader2
Explorer
Explorer
Videotaping the dpi is a great idea...we bought a Zinger last year, and someone made the suggestion to us. We have already used it a couple of times.
Double check the de-winterizing process. The guy doing our dpi showed me where the valves were, how best to get to them, how to winterized, and told us to simply turn all the valves 90 degrees, fill with water and turn on the faucets to de-winterized. Followed his directions on our first trip our..couldn't get water in the lines...dad looked it over and found the valves had already been turned and set for us...I now have the four valves numbered with a sharply marker and step by step instructions for winterizing and de-winterizing.
Check all your drawers, doors, and storage sections...this way you know they open, close, and latch correctly...you will probably find some of your warranty stuff through this...
Otherwise, I'd second what anaro said...and enjoy your Zinger!
2012 Zinger ZT26BL

anaro
Explorer
Explorer
videotape your pdi. have them demonstrate and you return the demo on everything. If it opens, closes, moves, turns on or off then are sure they operate it in front of you and it functions properly. Run slides in and out. Have them open up the water heater compartment and show you where the water heater and water pump are. Have them show you how to winterized and dewinterize the trailer. have them locate your low point drains as well. Check all caulking, climb on the roof and inspect it for bubbles and cracks. look in and around the trailer for signs of leaks. Do not hand over any money until the pdi has been completed to your satisfaction and any repairs completed to your satisfaction. Be prepared to leave the trailer there for a bit if repairs are necessary.

The things we found within the first year on our zinger were: the dinette drawers needed to be realigned (found on pdi) , the slide rubbed a hole in the carpet (replaced under warranty and no issue since), and a couple other small things I can't remember.

Enjoy your new zinger!
2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS -
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold in 2014