Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

1970 HR traveler questions

I just bought a 69-71 HR traveler travel trailer (owner not sure of exact year or model but believes it to be 28-30 feet in length. It has been sitting in a rv community for a long time and the wheels and tires are long gone. I need to buy wheels and...

mbrower by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

dvd stereo receiver replacement

I'm thinking of replacing the Linear Series RV4500 stereo receiver that came in my camper with a standard size car radio. I know lots of folks have done this, but I'm not sure how to fill the large hole that was used for the stock radio. It's very ...

26' Layton roof repair

Hey everyone got a question for you all. I have a 26' Layton bumper pull and it is going to be my deer lease camper and I'm wanting to seal up the roof due to it being left outside year around. What is a good sealer I can coat the entire roof to help...

drow by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Composting or cassette toilet. Who gas one ?

I am surprised that you almost never see either of these as an option in RVs ! They would save fresh water and save weight by not having a black water tank.For 2 people, a cassette toilet, one that can be emptied into a standard toilet sounds like a...

Towing TT with possible bent frame

Hello everyone. I am new to RVing and to towing a TT. I have an F250 and is in perfect condition and drives straight. When I pull my trailer (2017 Palomino Puma 32RKTS with hitch and sway control) the steering wheel looks as though it is taking a ...

JJnTrina by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

F650 as 5th wheel tow vehicle.

I'm currently towing my KZ Montego Bay Sportster with a 14K dry weight and close to 20K fully loaded with a 1999 F550 7.3 with 4.88 rear end. I'll start by saying I love this truck. In most all situations it is a great tow vehicle. Where it begins wo...

battery question

I disconnect and remove my battery while in storage to prevent battery drain and to prevent theft. However, I don't like the spark I get when I reconnect the cables to the battery. Is there an easy way to solve this issue? Maybe a battery disconnect...

Roof Leak

So it rained pretty hard last night here in Texas. After doing an inspection of the camper this morning I found a small puddle of water under the handle where I let my antenna up at, when I pulled down on the dial more water poured out, I'm freaking ...

Extra camper keys

Would like to have extra keys made for the TT door and compartment doors. Local hardware store doesn't do those type of keys. What are my options?

Gleaner by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

2016/2017 F250 6.2 Gasser MPG

I've searched and can't find an answer so I thought I'd post. Looking at ditching our 2012 F150 because of quality issues. Hubby want's to be able to plow so we are looking at new F250s. What is a reasonable expectation for mpg (other than cr@ppy!...

Crowe by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Moab trip canceled due to Ram QC

2016 Ram 2500 6.4 with 4K miles had the check engine light come on. Took it to the "mechanics" at Cherry Creek Dodge in Denver said 1 week to get in the parts. At this point I didn't think he couch handle the idea of the new thing called Next Day A...

Looking to downsize.

So, after years in a TT and now a 5th wheel, we are looking to downsize to a hybrid so we can travel around the state a bit. We are keeping the 5th wheel since we have it permanently on a lot. My problem is finding a nice used one in our area. How d...

HeyJude by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sonic 220vbh bunks

As things go we have narrowed down the field. But I am worried about the narrow bunks and lack of plugs in the sonic 220vbh. Does any one own one? Do the kids sleep poorly from lack of air circulation in the small bunks on hot days? and do the comp...

Amrya by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes