cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any good truck camper forums out there?

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

so I have tried with this forum and it is just messed up beyond all beliefe, new posts are horabaly highlighted at best, if some one replys to anything but the main topic then it isn't highlighted but moved up, the format for browsing is horrible.  anyways enough about this one..     the only other one I am in ia adventure truck camper forum, it is active but only has one area and everything is posted on top of each other..    is there any others out there that are worth giving a try?  

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
24 REPLIES 24

You can find my smiling face at a campsite or on my website.  I'll still stop in occasionally because there is more knowledge here than anywhere else I've found.  But, eventually that will perhaps disappear as the long-term folks quit coming ... like they say, if if works don't fix it.  Well, it worked and they broke it.  Happy camping anyway ...  We pretty much get out of camping here in Florida unlike the majority of states that can camp in summer.  Toooooooo hot and muggy, so it means sitting in an A/C camper instead of enjoying the local areas.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Bedlam

There are number of social media groups for truck campers. There are fewer dedicated forums for many subjects today. I find the groups are much harder to search for archive information since social media was really designed for the here and now and less for anything posted yesterday.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III

iRV2 Forums

2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@StirCrazy wrote:

so I have tried with this forum and it is just messed up beyond all beliefe, new posts are horabaly highlighted at best, if some one replys to anything but the main topic then it isn't highlighted but moved up, the format for browsing is horrible.  anyways enough about this one..     the only other one I am in ia adventure truck camper forum, it is active but only has one area and everything is posted on top of each other..    is there any others out there that are worth giving a try?  

Steve

There may be newer forums, but they will not have the valuable information found on the old RV.Net forum. I believe we need to keep working here to get this forum design working better. 

That is our best bet. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Yeah, Mark & Jan the Old RV.Net Forum used to be the best. When I bought my first motorhome in 2007 that was the first forum I stumbled upon. I gained a wealth of info on RVs overall and some of the Mfgs. to look at in my search for a used rig. 

What I see today, or yesterday actually, after logging on for the first time in quite awhile sure isn't the informative place for info it once was.

@lonewolf80 wrote:

Yeah, Mark & Jan the Old RV.Net Forum used to be the best. When I bought my first motorhome in 2007 that was the first forum I stumbled upon. I gained a wealth of info on RVs overall and some of the Mfgs. to look at in my search for a used rig. 

What I see today, or yesterday actually, after logging on for the first time in quite awhile sure isn't the informative place for info it once was.

Everything is still here. I spent about 3 months looking for and finding everything. It's too bad that this forum was set up before they downloaded the data from RV.Net.  The RV.Net forum was excellent before people started hacking sites. It started to fail when traffic got too heavy to handle.

They lost a lot of old archived posts. My actual count was over 3500 replies and posts. I used it to  hunt through the old archives.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

I have tried to point out issues, but n othing gets done or it gets half done.  when you have posts that magicly pop up as unread and they are from 2013 , or one that were replied to yesterday that don't show up, it makes it darn fusterating to follow topics you want to keep following..  I am on about 20 different forums for various hobbys and interests and this is hands down the worst format.  I gave it a good try figuring it will just take some getting used to but nope it was a horable desision to change.  

board wise this time of the year traditionaly the board has been exploading with posts, now we get crickets, I think the writing is on the wall...

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Hate to agree, but I do.  

I pop in here constantly... looking, trying to 'enjoy', create interaction.   But the format just sucks.

Label me a whiner....whatever.  It's just not working 

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

I usually came here once or twice a day ... just enjoyed reading the posts, and get answers if I have an issue.  Now, occasionally drop in just to see if it's fixed.  IT AIN"T.  So my visits drop off more and more.  Soon M44 will be gone completely.  Am on several other forums - not camper - and none are as disappointing as this one has become.  Been nice knowing you guys - happy camping to all.    M44

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

haha I work 15 hour days if you include my comute, Only have time to check in while I am having my morning coffee on work days.  

I did like the old RV net for the truck camper forum and things like the tech and DIY forum.  for camper its becuse it was the best I had found for info as I was new to campers back then.  as for my 5th wheel the manufacture forum is better for me than the 5th wheel on here hands down, only because the issues and posts are more related to mine.  

one good thing about the demise of this forum is it only takes two minuits to check the 1 or 2 new posts then I can go to the other forums

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100