cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Avion truck campers - Hundreds of photos

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Without going into too much painful detail, we had a mishap several week-ends ago. While working with sand bag crews on the Mississippi River, the truck and camper fell into the flood waters as a road collapsed. Because of a number of issues dealing with the wrecker truck, we had to release the camper as the truck was reeled up over the bank. The good news is that the truck is as good as new after a thorough rinsing, inspection of brakes, etc. The bad news is that the camper was thoroughly drowned. A lot of people had far worse trouble than we did, so we consider ourselves lucky. The floods are ongoing as I write.

Our planned trip to Montana in June is called off. heh.

However, I have now convinced my dear Jane that its time to really update the TC. After drying for several days we pulled out the interior. Amazingly the Zolatone paint that I had applied last year is good as new after a cleaning.

Without burdening the TC family overmuch, I'd like to ask some advice other than don't park too near a flood :-).

My DW was overjoyed that I had a plan for the bathroom: a composting toilet developed by Nature's Head http://www.natureshead.net/. Our holding tank was practically unusable and there was no real grey water tank on the 67 Avion. Our plan is to rip out the bathroom and install one of these and converting the blackwater to a greywater tank. Any experience with this?

Finally, the roof. I admit that I have not really done the work I should have. Now, I need to remove the various sealants on the roof and repair it. We are also setting up for a solar installation. Any advice as to this?

Here's hoping I have posted the pictures correctly. And many thanks in advance for your advice.
4,347 REPLIES 4,347

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotobucket workaround:

Found this today.

https://fixphotobucket.com/

Copy and paste the URL that Photobucket is currently giving you for direct links, and this site gives you an updated URL that is able to go shared (looks like it redirects through their own servers?) Just use the URL - the BBCode they give you is incorrect....hence all the BS issues with photobucket.

Please explain this again. I went to the URL you suggested but the link was broken.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
You can use others to post, problem people had too many put on PB

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
1968C11 , I posted my window rebuild on page 114 , unfortunately the pictures are gone . I am sick over photo bucket .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

1968_C11
Explorer
Explorer
Thumbs up
Thank you ticki
Chevy Pickup since ยด95 (c10, R33, K3500)
Fleetwood Elkhorn, Sportcam, Palomino 1000 sl
Now a Avion 1968 c11 Needs to be restored

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
1968 C11 wrote:
"Few days" ago i told you i got my Camper in Germany. Took a little while to get the things in order.
now i startet to rip everthing appart.
I still have no chance to put my pictures online to share them, iยดm working on this too.
I replaced the roof windows, unfortunatelly i coulndยดt get the fantastic fan over here.
But now i found out i have to do something with the roof before i start replacing the wings and the floor.
What do you use fรผr Painting , sealing the roof.
What type of material is it?And
where can i get the window gaskets for the front etc flip windows
The roof coating is called Aluminized Roof Coating . Often used on Mobil Homes . It is still available here , not sure where you are . It is not used for waterproofing , more for sound deadening . If you have leaks it is most likely the penitrations .Sometime around October 2014 I listed the weather strip and seals for the Windows . 69Cayo also listed them . You will have to do a search , try around page 160 .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

NVR2L82AV8
Explorer
Explorer
Photobucket workaround:

Found this today.

https://fixphotobucket.com/

Copy and paste the URL that Photobucket is currently giving you for direct links, and this site gives you an updated URL that is able to go shared (looks like it redirects through their own servers?) Just use the URL - the BBCode they give you is incorrect....hence all the BS issues with photobucket.
2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.

1968_C11
Explorer
Explorer
"Few days" ago i told you i got my Camper in Germany. Took a little while to get the things in order.
now i startet to rip everthing appart.
I still have no chance to put my pictures online to share them, iยดm working on this too.
I replaced the roof windows, unfortunatelly i coulndยดt get the fantastic fan over here.
But now i found out i have to do something with the roof before i start replacing the wings and the floor.
What do you use fรผr Painting , sealing the roof.
What type of material is it?And
where can i get the window gaskets for the front etc flip windows
Chevy Pickup since ยด95 (c10, R33, K3500)
Fleetwood Elkhorn, Sportcam, Palomino 1000 sl
Now a Avion 1968 c11 Needs to be restored

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jefe, I think we are on the same wavelink. I, too, have become tired of the apparent indifference of the forums. We should never have been using a 3rd party to host the images. That should have been the responsibility of the Forum, in my opinion. Of course that would have been costly, so there has to be some sort of balance.

In a more general sense, the Forums are technically dated and increasingly tired. I understand that FB and other social media have decimated the numbers.

However, what is at stake here is the work and energy, not to mention the enthusiasm, of a huge cohort of Avion owners. We came together, accidentally, and created the best site for learning about every detail of the Avion TC. I didn't have any idea that my string would turn into this gargantuan forum of almost 600,000 views and almost 4,000 posts. its unlike anything else on the TC Forum.

And I have never once been contacted by the management of this Forum about this remarkable string.

I don't now if I have the energy or the confidence to fix the images that I posted much less those posted by others. So, I think the string is in serious trouble.

If you want to migrate, let me know. I'm interested.

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Today, July 5th, there are a LOT of people in the Blogosphere who are very mad. PB's business decision has effected people like you who have a long term investment in time and effort into what is essentially your Avion Camper Blog. What is preventing other photo hosting/3rd party linking sites from following PB's lead in holding your pictures hostage? Legally, nothing. I'm sure all the other sites are holding their collective breaths to see if PB is actually close to bankruptcy after holding the bag for so many millions of users and using so much bandwidth in the process and to incrementally being unable to afford that bandwidth. I'm still on the lowest 'ad free' account and my pics are still up, but with no ability to share the IMG links.
So, in the end I cannot link anymore I'm not going back either to reconstruct all those trip reports. This will, in all likely hood, effect and reduce the number of users of this very site if they have no eye candy or instructive pix to tell the story, whatever that is. Maybe it's time for me to fold my tent anyway with these forums.
regards, as always, jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
As others have stated, even if Photobucket reversed their decision, I won't use them again.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks D1 and others, I'll look into it. But, I really don't have the time right now to devote to this project. We'll see.

D1trout
Explorer
Explorer
I was just on the Forest River forum getting demand water heater info and I saw a post from a user there about PB stoping hosting their pics. So we are not alone in our misery.
As I said before, I like Imgur. Very easy to use, unlike PB which became a PITA.....

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going to look into pulling all my images from photobucket and repost them from another portal. Are there suggestions as to a reliable 3rd party photo hosting?

Southedistoman
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, as a method of damage control, I went through and made a pdf of every page on this thread. It is certainly not as bad as I feared, yet. The most glaring omissions, as of right now, are D and tiki2. Gary, your pics still display, at the moment. While these two heavy hitters are terrible, I felt it was better to capture what I could, while it was still displayed.
If anyone else is curious, I simply went into the print page tab, and told my computer "Save as pdf". If you use the print page tab, it removes all the boarders and signatures from the post, really condensing it. I also set my "dashboard" to display 40 posts per page, running the total to 192 pages. I'm going to copy them onto a flash drive for safe keeping. I originally started doing that for my own reference, but stopped after a couple of pages, dumb mistake.
Scott