cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

turtletalk
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished packing clothes and food in TC for week trip to son's house to do kitchen remodeling work. We sleep in our TC in their driveway which means no family routines are upset for work and school. TCs are so very convenient!

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
I checked out the tc today,noticed a fair bit of condensation inside.Purchased a caframo 120 v/60 hz 90 watt warm air circulator and added another dry eze container.Has anyone heard of caframo,seems like they are great quality,made in canada.I will post again after i see how it works...
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

sundowners
Explorer
Explorer
I have not done anything to the TC today ----but I did change front brake pads on the truck, ready for MOT (yearly safety test on all vehicles) tomorrow-------------------------------did I say that I had 6 new Firestones fitted this week??? !!!
Nigel & Pamala-----Mildenhall-----UK

arto_wa
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a set of stable loads so that the camper can ride more stably!
99 F350 4x4 CC DRW 7.3L PSD, 97 Bigfoot 2500 10.6
(11,900#)

89 Duckworth 17' Pro 302

DoneItAll
Explorer
Explorer
Off-loaded to use the truck to haul a ton of wood pellets, loaded the camper back on. Installing a WIFI antenna/router.
John & Harriet on the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland
2008 F450 4X4 Crew Cab
2017 Lance 2375 Travel Trailer

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Today, November 5th, it started to snow. This gave me a little more impetus to re-insulate the TC. I measured and cut, and installed a lot of insulation. I hope this helps that lightly insulated Lance Lite 165-S.
A couple days ago I got in the truck to make a dump run (with the TC on) pulling my former horse trailer/cum bear resistant refuse container. I opened the door to the truck and noticed the interior light didn't come on. Hmm? Put the key in the ign. and waited for the dash to light up. No light. Twisted key. Nothing. Zero. No gages or any powered anything. I though....Oh, the electronic warfare has started! e-war has commenced. Someone zapped us with the e-death ray.
I put the high bucks charger on the dr. side battery and it said 'fully charged". Wait a minute. Disconnected all the cables to terminals. Repeat operation. Nada. Zip. Disconnected other battery. Got out my battery tester and put it on first battery. Registered 4.5volts. Well, that one's gone. Put the tester on other battery. Zero Volts! Zipski. How Jeanie and I made it out of the Eastern Sierra Nevada last month is a mystery to me. We got 5 years, one month out of those semi-RV batteries. (that's kind of like 'semi-tough'.)
I also tested the TC battery and it is fine. It's protected by a separate one-way power feed from the truck, but nothing goes back to the truck.
Replaced batteries. Everything now nominal. After 11 years, we're now on the third set of batteries.
(looking out window)
Snowing pretty good since I started this tome. I sure hope that insulation helps keep us warmer for our TC trip to Yosemite in a couple weeks.
regards, as always, jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

Brian_and_Miche
Explorer
Explorer
Today, Saturday 5 Nov, after a 8.5 mile run.....I wintered our TC, tomorrow I hope to get the dually wheel valve extension installed.

Dreaming of next year and our camping adventures!

Brian
----------------------------------------------------------
Brian and Michele
Hanna "the Wonder dog"
Silver Sloopy
07 Dodge Ram Quad, 3500 Dually, 4x4, 6.7 Cummins Diesel
08 Palomino Maverick M-1050 w/slide out

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
Got the moon roof back on the camper:

Clicky...

Steve.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
I put a 4' 1000 watt portable baseboard type electric heater in to keep the camper at about 60 degrees. I leave all the compartment doors open so the heat and drying effects of the heater get into all nooks and craneys. The TC furnace is a backup set at it's lowest temp of about 50 degrees. Hoping to get to the coast soon as the next big storm moves in. Going to change out the fresh water tomorrow. We like to keep it ready to go as the weekends come.

TwoMaineiacs
Explorer
Explorer
Just back from refilling the propane tank. Camper is not winterized yet as we have one more camp out coming up. Chalet is staying warm with heat set at 42F. Heat is running mostly just to keep the water from freezing.
2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

btggraphix
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the question was posed on 10/30....so that morning we woke up, rolled out of bed and looked out the slide window to see this:

Why did I add those windows to the side of the slide again? ๐Ÿ™‚
We were camped at Juniper Campground in Bandelier National Monument along with a gran total of one other camper int he whole CG.

We then did some hiking in the park and visited some of the ruins, and the visitor center to buy a bunch of books on the area....and then drove up through the Jamez Mountains and Valles Caldera, down to the Jamez Hot Springs to soak in the tubs, then finally back up into the Jamez and camped at Fenton Lake State Park (the only ones in that campground) here:

Now, if I answer for THIS morning since I just saw the thread, I'd say I popped into the camper where it is parked at the house in 12" of snow to check to make sure the heat was still on and working, since I did not drain the tanks the night we got home in the snow. I'll be doing that tomorrow....but I am not winterizing it per se, just preparing it to turn the heat off again. Next trip in a couple of weeks.
BT
2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready for a father and sons camping trip to Peace River in Central Florida with an organized YMCA group.

I'm the only dad with an RV and the rest are tenting so this should be interesting.

One dad is pissed and thinks Im damaging my kids memories...lol. Jealous I say.

This will also be the first boon docking trip for me so I'm cleaning the water tank and getting my 2000 Honda ready.

I have my propane tanks filled, cooler full and liquor cabinet packed...Im ready to go!
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

sundowners
Explorer
Explorer
we at 'camped' at an uphoulstrers while we get a bit of a re-furb ready for the winter away
Nigel & Pamala--Birmingham---UK---

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cleaned the kitchen and sink areas. Wiped the fridge with windex. Since we have had some rain and I recently recaulked a lot of the outside, I checked around the interior and outside compartment interiors and doors for signs or water intrusion. Everything is dry so I'm happy. Will change the fresh tank tomorrow for the chance of going to the coast to storm watch and maybe see some migrating whales.

Brian_and_Miche
Explorer
Explorer
I did not get to work on her, but I did get in some parts and stuff to winterize her.... If the weather is good this weekend, wash and wax!

Brian
----------------------------------------------------------
Brian and Michele
Hanna "the Wonder dog"
Silver Sloopy
07 Dodge Ram Quad, 3500 Dually, 4x4, 6.7 Cummins Diesel
08 Palomino Maverick M-1050 w/slide out