cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

tilemantim
Explorer
Explorer
kerry4951 wrote:
Started to run the wiring for a 2nd (roof mounted) camera. Decided I want to be able to see out front and overhead to keep an eye on "low clearance" issues and tree branches.
Great idea...

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Started to run the wiring for a 2nd (roof mounted) camera. Decided I want to be able to see out front and overhead to keep an eye on "low clearance" issues and tree branches.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Installed two new 6 volt batteries, connected the generator, installed a muffler on the generator with a car flex tube.
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Gave mine a good bath. Used laundry sheets to clean it for the first time. Worked great!
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Brian_and_Miche
Explorer
Explorer
I miss our TC, in storage until spring!
----------------------------------------------------------
Brian and Michele
Hanna "the Wonder dog"
Silver Sloopy
07 Dodge Ram Quad, 3500 Dually, 4x4, 6.7 Cummins Diesel
08 Palomino Maverick M-1050 w/slide out

tktplz
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled the battery, filled the cells with distilled water and put it back on the battery tender.
"Confidence is the feeling you have before
you fully understand the situation"

1999 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
TorkLift Tie Downs
2010 Travel Lite 690FD
1996 ZX11 Ninja
2000 ZRX1100
2008 Yamaha Zuma 50 Scooter
2010 "Blue" Bulldog, "Luna"

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad III
Nomad III
ticki2 wrote:
Mello Mike wrote:
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
Checked water levels in my batteries and trying to decide if I want to buy a pair of Lifeline AGM batteries now or later. My Wal-Mart group 27's are 7 years old now and wear down faster than I'd like. Can still make it through the night running the furnace but need to charge first thing in the morning.

Sounds like a great excuse to me to buy new Lifeline AGMs! ๐Ÿ™‚

Maybe
At the rate he's going he can buy 3 to 4 sets of WM batteries to 1 set of lifelines . Do lifelines last 20 to 25 years ?
Not meaning to start a battery war , just an observation .

I know the cost argument. I know I could go through a couple sets of regular wet cells for the price of one set of AGMs. Performance wise, the wet cells can't touch the AGMs ability to charge faster, hold a greater charge, discharge more without damage, and they do last longer, plus they are less susceptible to failure from bumps and vibration from those rougher mountain forest roads we love so much. We are looking to better our boon docking ability by taking advantage of those inherent characteristics and perhaps adding a second solar panel. If thatโ€™s the price of a little fun, so be it. I may do the second solar panel first and see how that works for a while but ultimately I think weโ€™ll end up doing the full meal deal.

sundowners
Explorer
Explorer
Started loading tc ready for 5 months away ---ferry heading for spain on Sunday-------
IF we get the truck from the shop !!!!!!
Over the Winter we will be spending time in Portugal, Spain and Morocco----------GREAT to leave the British Winter behind !!!!!
Nigel & Pamala------Mildenhall---uk

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
Reloaded the camper with food and beer today for another trip to the hunt camp.

(Still using my original group 24 Interstate wet cell with another for a backup))
'03 2500HD CrewCab SB 6.0 Gas 4x4
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
2014 1500 Silverado 5.3 Double Cab
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Batteries: funny thing: when I got the TC used it had a single group 24. I replace that with a single Lifeline group 31 AGM. I just had the opportunity to pick up a Optima Group 31 AGM and a good price so I did. It has a smaller footprint than my Lifeline which made it a much easier fit in the compartment. so as of last night I have two group 31's on board.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
Checked water levels in my batteries and trying to decide if I want to buy a pair of Lifeline AGM batteries now or later. My Wal-Mart group 27's are 7 years old now and wear down faster than I'd like. Can still make it through the night running the furnace but need to charge first thing in the morning.

Maybe
At the rate he's going he can buy 3 to 4 sets of WM batteries to 1 set of lifelines . Do lifelines last 20 to 25 years ?
Not meaning to start a battery war , just an observation .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer

My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad III
Nomad III

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Wiring!.................hard wired a new 7-pin pigtail, installed house and chassis shut-offs inside the TC, there wasnt any from the factory.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
Looked over at it as i left for work, with snow on it, my eye teared up alittle, shook my head, and drove on.

have i mentioned i don't like winter, mostly because i can't camp.

Dar
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also