cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I restocked the beer yesterday. Gotta take some out today. It is an ongoing process, drink and replace. Have to exercise the fridge. Today, will have to clean it up a bit, for a trip this weekend.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

tilemantim
Explorer
Explorer
re-mounted the converter/charger it sets on two blocks that are screwed to the base. One of the blocks was turned sideways and the screws missed it, done like this from the factory 25 yrs. ago... Then I re-wired the negative battery feed which was done bass ackwards with about 6 grounds into one wire nut, unnecessarily, a little wire management and I eliminated a jumper wire. Next up, adding switches for the interior lighting.

Chief_2
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned it up and got it ready for a short trip to the Tampa RV Show.
2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I put on the mirror extenders on the truck, ran a new ground for the bumper of the camper and put new license plate lights on it in preparation for my first mini trip in it. then I camped in it again in my driveway. ๐Ÿ™‚ Can you believe the step bumper on the camper was NEVER grounded from new?..and the original owner used the camper (very sparingly though) all these years with no license plate lights?...OR carbon monoxide detector OR propane leak detector?!! There was no power to either of them and the wires from the units were obviously new and never used! All that's fixed now though and I'm raring to go! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

sundowners
Explorer
Explorer
Today I just did a little light cleaning--------nothing tooooo hard in the Portugese sun!!!!
I have been THINKING of fixing a small (fresh water) leak on the WC-------maybe tomorrow-----if I can get away from my chair in the sun ????????
Nigel & Pamala

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Made the "mistake" on noticing that there is a Camping World across from Kaiser Vacaville where I dropped off a patient. I now have a new vent cover and a mirror extension for my 03 F350 dumbo ear mirrors
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Photog101
Explorer
Explorer
I measured mine for a tarp. I think that a 29' X 19' @ 9mil, will work out well for this winter. I'll also be able to use it as a tent while I am working on the propane box and water heater this winter. It will also save me from having to install new roof vents until next spring, when it is not so cold up on the roof.
Combat Vietnam Veteran Support our troops for serving our great country.
1997 Veri Lite RL1200 on a '02, K3500, CC, DRW, 8.1L, Allison, 4.1 gears, Bridgestone 225/70R19.5 tires.
'12 C2500, EC, 6.6L Duramax
A couple of older 5th wheels housing homeless vets.

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
BuzzCut wrote:
tree branch came down and poked a hole in the bathroom vent lid. So until or if I get around to replace it I made a patch for the hole and cracks. I had the heavy plastic clamshell from a staple gun I bought that had the correct bend that I needed so I cut a 3-4" strip and trimmed it to fit over everything then used a plastic gap sealant to glue it down to the vent lid then covered over the whole thing with more sealant. It should hold for now.

If you are ever caught with a leak, in one of these vents, since they always show up when it is raining, use a plastic trash bag and a shock cord. Pull the bag over the lid, then tighten the shock cord along the bottom like one would under a lip. You can even drive down the highway at highway speed.

I won't tell anybody how I learned this, or that I had a leak.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

stumper92
Explorer
Explorer
Off-loaded the camper and rolled out the rear awning to let the warm sun dry it out a bit.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Continued the process of diagnosing an issue with an outside shower that will not deliver full flow when the hot water has been running through it for a few minutes.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
tree branch came down and poked a hole in the bathroom vent lid. So until or if I get around to replace it I made a patch for the hole and cracks. I had the heavy plastic clamshell from a staple gun I bought that had the correct bend that I needed so I cut a 3-4" strip and trimmed it to fit over everything then used a plastic gap sealant to glue it down to the vent lid then covered over the whole thing with more sealant. It should hold for now.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Started going through every cabinet and loading/unloading what we will need for our outing this coming weekend. Did some work in the bathroom, neww shower curtain and a longer curtain rail.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got it my new combination phone and wifi access point which I've been loading with camping and RVing apps :).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
sitting in it with my 4 dogs, surfing the net on wifi, drinking a rootbeer and listening to the wind in the trees. Its a good morning if you ask me

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
mark_be wrote:
Mello Mike wrote:
Installed two 60 watt solar panels giving me a total of 240 watts on the roof of my camper. ๐Ÿ™‚

:h :B

I had a single 120 watt solar panel on the roof before I installed these two new 60 watt panels. ๐Ÿ™‚

Solar Panel Installation Report
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.