cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
Started loading up for the next outing.

Same here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Weather here in the Blue Ridge Mtns has been great for winter camping this year. We have a cold weekend coming up, but after that....highs back up into the 50's again. :C
'03 2500HD CrewCab SB 6.0 Gas 4x4
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
2014 1500 Silverado 5.3 Double Cab
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Started loading up for the next outing.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
took a spin off the mountain to go to Camping World to get some electrical and Coax cable stuff to fix some issues and picked up another extension mirror (matching pairs look so much better)

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Finished mounting the new to me Atwood electric jacks on the S&S yesterday.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
found the non connected coax for the satellite dish and wired it up. can't really test everything out until the weekend as the trees around the TC block the southern sky.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Started installing Atwood electric jacks.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

TwoMaineiacs
Explorer
Explorer
Cleared snow and ice off the top of the ADCO and inspected for mice/squirrel entry. Dreamed of getting on the road again.
2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Installed some razor strop hooks for hanging items in the camper. I hate the massive hooks offered by the big box stores and much prefer the razor strop hooks because of their small size.
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

kehale
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the generator and AC. ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Lance 1181

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Put child safety locks on the cabinets over the kitchen sink. I emptied the cabinets the other day making a turn while heading home.

Installed new soap dispenser for the kitchen sink. Got tired of the pump soap dispenser spewing soap every time it gets cold then heats up. (not to mention having to pick it up and put it away, then find it in the cabinet when we get to where we are going)

Replaced this:

With this screwed to the wall:
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
tilemantim wrote:
Reddog1 wrote:
Camping (dry camping) at Bodaga Bay, California, so far today I just started the Honda and made a pot of coffee, then turned on the water heater.

The suns a shinning, looks like another 45 to 50 degree sunny day.

Wayne
Do you mean Bodega bay Nor Cal? If so which campground? Doren? Wrights? Just wondering I'm about 30 min. away and I think my brother was at Doren this weekend in hi Fiver.
Bodega bay Nor Cal, at Porto Bodega Marina and Harbor.

We will be leaving about noon today.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
I washed off all the black lines off and waxed the nose. Im starting to look like Popeye after the second application.

I used Turtle wax for the first time in decades and was very pleased with the results.
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Raided the TC Pantry for ingredients to make tamales.
Plugged in the battery charger.
Ran the water pump.
Inspected the interior for any signs of water infiltration.
It will be in the 20โ€™s tonight so I wanted to be sure the electric heat was on and the TC furnace would kick on as backup if the electric shuts off.
Everything looks fine and ready to go.

tilemantim
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
Camping (dry camping) at Bodaga Bay, California, so far today I just started the Honda and made a pot of coffee, then turned on the water heater.

The suns a shinning, looks like another 45 to 50 degree sunny day.

Wayne
Do you mean Bodega bay Nor Cal? If so which campground? Doren? Wrights? Just wondering I'm about 30 min. away and I think my brother was at Doren this weekend in hi Fiver.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hit a patch of ice and had the rear end of the truck swing like a pendulum (No camper on at the time, was hauling one of my 100lb bottles out to the gas station to get it refilled) while climbing up onto the bridge off the island. Front tires held, rear tires swung side to side until control was regained.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL