cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
started putting my gear in. I have Horse shows for the next two weekends. I also shut the windows and roof vent in preparation for the storm that is supposed to hit Wednesday and Thursday
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Finished the wiring to the electric jacks and off-loaded it with the jacks......took about 10 minutes.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

recycler
Explorer
Explorer
finished putting the luan on the outside and cutting out the needed openings :C
1999 F550 truck conversion

dokkema1
Explorer
Explorer
hooked up some new tie down anchors to the flatbed...

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
We went to Boise and brought her home! Loaded and gone in less than an hour, including installing the batteries and checking everything out.

Now to get her ready for the summer :B
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Going down the mountain to pick ours up today :B
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

Chief_2
Explorer
Explorer
Started loading it up for our 5 month out west road trip. We leave on Thursday!
2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

Capt__Caper
Explorer
Explorer
sirdrakejr wrote:
Some time ago someone showed a mod that he made by cutting a hole into his water tank and using a boat fitting to put a cap on. Does anyone know who that was or his reason for doing it? I think it was for filling it without using the outside fitting.
Frank

Be careful. I wouldn't do it. You don't need to get in there. I did it to my last camper. The oring can leak or the seal around the rim and it did on mine. You can tighten it all you want but eventually it will leak and rot the floor. The tank is flexible and that takes a toll on the seal. You can't use many of the different sealers because of toxic run off. So your limited on sealing. Silicone doesn't stick to the Poly plastic well.( milk jug type these tanks are made of)Leaks when filling it up full and when traveling with the side to side motions.
2011 F350 Super Duty,SRW, 6.7 PowerStroke,Crew Cab,Lariet,4x4, 3.55 Locking Diff ,Short Box.Timbrens,Happy Jack's, Gator Guard bed liner, Penda bed mat.
2012 Lance 855S 9K Coleman A/C,Duel Batteries

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
I spent most of the weekend re-building the "wardrobe" and hopefully I'll be able to transform it into a useful closet. Saturday was mostly demolition & framing, Sunday I started building the new shelves. There's still tons of work left to do...

'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

synergy_58
Explorer
Explorer
I made insallation pillows from 3.5" R 13 valuse house insallation, the kind that's wrapped in plastic. I cut them and taped the ends and then stuffed them gently into void places through all the outside panel door. I made one for use as a balnket around the batties, and I filled the voids under the sink cabinet. Everythng filled nicely and I can tell the difference when I open the inside cabinets, no cold air.
I also took out the overhead shelf above the bed headboard...that thing made me feel closed in and I was afraid I was gonna hit my head, eventually. I also installed a heavy cable and lock on my propane tanks. Put 2 of those spring loaded refer dividers in, and beer, and a bottle of wine, some juice and a bottle of rum, for the juice, so it wouldn't get lonely. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tomorrow is another day.
[img/Users/Frank/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/Originals/2014/Apr 2, 2014/2009_1306_Nav_BlueMoon.jpg[img]

NavigatorC130A
Explorer
Explorer
Well, after work, I loaded our Jayco Sportsman 8 onto our PU getting ready to head out tomorrow on our maiden trip with our new to us TC. We are heading south to Prince Gallitzin State Park in PA. Can't wait till 2morrow!
The Bradford's
Western NY
24'Class C TIoga Montera
1996 Jayco pop-up TC

jerryb4
Explorer
Explorer
Lets see,, Cut in two doors I wanted to add for storage while waiting for glue to dry which is part of left and right skirt repair project I started in March, added wiring so can have additional back up lights, remodeled plumbing in left skirt valve compartment,pulled out some of my remaining hair over propane lines which I found when removed generater for skirt repair,(one line had a severe kink and was rubbing against the back of the gen compartment), stripped bumper for repainting,added insulation where ever I could,treating all wood with clear penetrating epoxy sealer---Actually for today it was just the doors and hair but am starting to question if I really should have started this project,I had to completely rebuild the right skirt and corner, left was not quite as bad but still toast, guess it's a good thing I retired in January !!!

mark_be
Explorer
Explorer
Need to update my list:

* full floor carpet (which stops under the bathroom door, so not really full floor)
* wireless remote start/stop for generator
* satellite receiver in closet - dish on tripod (to be replaced with something else)
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel (DRW Crew cab Long bed)
Sonnax TQ and Sonnax 4R100 rebuild - 6.0 transmission cooler and OTW cooler.

2011 Arctic Fox 992 - 2.5kW propane generator - 315AH Trojan batteries - 2kW pure sine wave inverter - 140Wp solar

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
ticki2 wrote:
I like that , how about some more info ?

Sure... there's a thread running on the install here in the DIY section...
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
msiminoff wrote:
...made & installed an LED light fixture for over the dinette.

I like that , how about some more info ?
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed