cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

mgann
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered my Torqlift Glo Steps.
2014 Chevrolet 1500, crew cab, srw, 2wd, 4.6 gas, Stock class V, 1995 Mallard by Fleetwood model 19n

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
btggraphix wrote:
Buzzcut, is the new house the one on your truck or in the background? ๐Ÿ˜‰

The bigger of the two
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

btggraphix
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut, is the new house the one on your truck or in the background? ๐Ÿ˜‰
2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Moved my rig to my new house
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

ggadwa
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered up a Fantastic Fan upgrade kit to change our Model 8000 Create a Breeze into a Model 4000R with reversible Fan switch.
Just completed the simple install of the Upgrade Kit. Its nice to have the Reversible air flow now. We were always disappointed that the EC-950 only came with the one way fan.
Happy Campers!!!
GARY AND LAURII
HAM RADIO Operator since 1964 'W7FSI'
EAGLE CAP 2011 950 CUSTOM BUILT by the great folks at LaGrande Oregon
2012 FORD 350 XLT 6.7L Diesel 4x4 Super Cab with lots of stuff

ggadwa
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered up a Fantastic Fan upgrade kit to change our Model 8000 Create a Breeze into a Model 4000R with reversible Fan switch.
Just completed the simple install of the Upgrade Kit. Its nice to have the Reversible air flow now. We were always disappointed that the EC-950 only came with the one way fan.
Happy Campers!!!
GARY AND LAURII
HAM RADIO Operator since 1964 'W7FSI'
EAGLE CAP 2011 950 CUSTOM BUILT by the great folks at LaGrande Oregon
2012 FORD 350 XLT 6.7L Diesel 4x4 Super Cab with lots of stuff

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh, let's see where to begin.... ๐Ÿ˜›

Pulled the propane tanks and the sheet metal propane compartment, discovered why the box had pulled away from the wall on the top (Floor and become separated from the wall).

Cleaned the propane compartment box, replaced the factory original rubber hose going from the regulator to the connection in the box.

Modified the compartment's locking tabs so that they'd fit the water rear foot print of the newer tanks.

Took both propane bottles in and had the valves replaced, according to the service center they're taking 4.5 gallons of propane now (they were purged and test filled before getting the stamp of approval from the shop, total cost for two new valves installed plus the purge and the bottles filled, $69), so I finally have useful 20lb horizontals again.

Using a stack of old 2x6s and a couple lengths of 2x4, used the camper's own weight to push the drooping and loose over hang floor back up into position, laid a bead of 3M 5200 between the wall and the floor and then anchored it into place with 3" screws.

I now have a little line of screw holes in my siding that are filled, and will be looking for a little roll of pin striping tape to put on to hide them.

Soaked the floor and the walls around where the compartment was with Minwax Wood hardener, and once it was dry, reinstalled the propane compartment enclosure, laying a bead of sealant around the perimeter to seal it to the outside like it should have been, driving in screws along the perimeter of the box to secure it into place at the opening to keep the seal.

Reinstalled the propane tanks and the retaining tabs and front anchors so that they were properly secured to the floor again.

Retired the last of the POL connectors on the regulator for a new ACME nut, I can now remove both propane connections to the onboard bottles without the need of a wrench :).

Reinstalled the door on the propane compartment.

Pulled out a temporary bracing fix for the sag from under the shower pan and then repeated the floor jacking up process on the driver's side so that the floor is anchored securely again, filled more screw holes in.

Replaced some more of the grey polybutlyene cold water pipe that was installed by a previous owner (original cold water line was galvanized steel and copper) and replaced it with brass sharkbites and pex pipe, including the feed coming from the water pump to improve cycling behavior.

Adjusted the water pump's pressure switch a bit so that the flow control will work all the way down to slow trickle on the faucet without causing the pump to pulse.

Today the camper will likely get a bath so I can finish doing the seam reseal, and so I can pull my furnace's outer vent and install the steel reinforcement plate and new ear for the driver's side rear tie down.

Up still to do, touch up the paint where it's been damaged, finish the replacement of the cold water line, touch up the paint on the tub of the camper again and fix the rear tail light wiring on the passenger side once and for all.

Then, it's on to the truck (this weekend) to replace the damaged air bag, get the exhaust replaced, install the new radiator, transmission cooler, transmission pan, do the oil, top up the fluids and give it all a bath so it's ready to mate with the camper.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
cleaned it up, started to stock up for one of my last horse shows of the season. Its going to be fun to come home to a new house on Sunday night complete with a concrete pad just for the truck and TC.

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
not today,but loaded it on to our dually for the first time on saturday with just the dw.pried off a 3/4 inch piece of plywood the previous owner had siliconed to the drivers side camper box,that gave us a bit of room,success,no problem,but when i looked at the welds on my dually brackets today,mmmm,maybe not so good....
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Gave it a good bath and got up on the roof to clean the solar panels.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

hunterj
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced three bearings in slide out track system and clean and greased the rest. Wasn't too bad of a job with the right tools.
04 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2019 Cruiser RV MPG 2120RB

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ordered the Tru-Cool Max LPD4739 4739 40,000 GVW Low Pressure Drop Transmission Oil Cooler with Thermal Bypass to replace the stock transmission cooler.

Tried not to pass out when I got a quote for $525 for a new exhaust system for the truck.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

hikerdmb
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned it inside and out after a 2 week trip around the west.
Here is a pic from our high spot of the trip.

And one from near the end.

Trip report coming soon.
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 with Hemi
Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
Daystar Leveling Kit
285/75/17 BFG All-Terrain TA
2008 Sun-lite Eagle SB
65 Watt Solar Panel
1997 Jeep TJ Wrangler
Gregory Z-65 Backpack

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
DW is making step pillows out of the two piece mattress that was for the flip-down bunk. She will make pillows for the dogs from the unused portions. I had to change the harmonic balancer on Red, along with new belts, in preperation for our trip in 5 days.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dcoleram wrote:
What's the duh system?

The original thread is here.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/19757007/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

BTW, you can look up most of the better ideas at this link for Truck Camper University in the Forum stickies.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15942004.cfm

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member