cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
work2much wrote:
We installed new vinyl plank flooring and a new porcelain bowl toilet.

Nice job. Was there something wrong with your other toilet or did you just want an upgrade?

Thanks!

The old one worked fine. This one sits a bit higher and is easier to clean. Also like the foot flush vs. the hand flush. I figured as long as I was pulling the old one out to do the floor anyway...

Here is what we installed

Domestic 310
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
work2much wrote:

Nice job. Was there something wrong with your other toilet or did you just want an upgrade?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

work2much
Explorer
Explorer

Before

During

After

2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I hooked up the Lance Electric power cord for the camper and ran 12v power for the on board air yesterday.
Today if I finish the air compressor and tank I'll call it good for a few days.
I've got a few dealers calling me now with $45-48,000. for a new Lance 1172. Those are good numbers for completely loaded models, so we're getting there.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Uncovered it and filled the fresh water tank. We went without power over the weekend into late Monday night and lost everything except propane. The camper while off the truck served us well providing everything we needed including temp power via the generator. So I guess I silently thanked my truck camper for providing what we needed to get through these huge storms.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I swept another 12" of snow off the roof again for about the dozenth time this winter.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Prepped it as an escape pod if the coming storm is as big as they say. There is kind of a big **** and lake up valley from us although the 100 yr flood maps in case of dam failure show us to be two blocks outside of the innundation zone
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I walked past and patted it fondly... No camping for a while for me during this winter season.. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
tomorrow i will be stopping by the yard to check the ceramic heater and top up the dessicant and dump the water.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
After much deliberation on what to do about what "may" be an issue, I installed a Hellwig BigWig anti-sway bar. You think it was the advertised 1-2 hour installation? Of course not. I spent almost that much time trying to figure out Step 1: relocate the brake line bracket. Naturally its location pic was nowhere near where mine was and the supplied relocation bracket wouldn't work at all. I finally decided to just ignore it and see if it gets in the way. It didn't. I finished installing the parts and snugged things up. Drove around town a bit. Got back out there this morning to torque things down. I'm doubling up doses of ibuprofen. Dang trying to wrap one arm around the frame to hold a backup, hold the torque wrench up with a 12" extension with my chest, and then torque to 50ft.lb. with my free hand was a challenge.
I hope it helps the "may be a problem". lol

Thanks for heads up. I think I will have 4 wheels parts here in North Dallas install The Helwig sway bar for me. Did a great job On my previous Ram CTD installing a Helwig Sway bar.

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
After much deliberation on what to do about what "may" be an issue, I installed a Hellwig BigWig anti-sway bar. You think it was the advertised 1-2 hour installation? Of course not. I spent almost that much time trying to figure out Step 1: relocate the brake line bracket. Naturally its location pic was nowhere near where mine was and the supplied relocation bracket wouldn't work at all. I finally decided to just ignore it and see if it gets in the way. It didn't. I finished installing the parts and snugged things up. Drove around town a bit. Got back out there this morning to torque things down. I'm doubling up doses of ibuprofen. Dang trying to wrap one arm around the frame to hold a backup, hold the torque wrench up with a 12" extension with my chest, and then torque to 50ft.lb. with my free hand was a challenge.
I hope it helps the "may be a problem". lol
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Not a truck camper, but this could apply to a truck camper too:

I installed some new lights over each bench of the dinette.

There's a light over the dinette, which works great during the day, but at night, it's way too overpowering (bright) when I'm using my laptop.

The brightness, plus the fact that the light is shining (glaring) at my eyes was kind of annoying.

I found some small low profile surface mount lights that looked like a good solution. I tapped in to the wiring behind the stereo, where the wiring for the dinette light is, and added a switch for the new lights.

This is the lights I used, in warm white with a stainless trim ring:
http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/tecniq-e13-silho-x-area.htm

Bob

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
pulled the shelves out of the fridge so I could fit in the ice chest holding the 20# turkey in its bag of apple cider brine where it will sit until Wednesday night
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
jimh425 wrote:
Winterized my camper using RV Antifreeze. Kind of a shame that it gets so cold that I have to.

I winterized mine a few weeks ago. It's been a really mild November here in Spokane so far. Last week it was below freezing a few nights in the middle of the week, but it's been 38 and above since then.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Bob__B
Explorer
Explorer
Went out and fired up my small electric heater and put the furnace fan on low.....got down to 25.

Gotta keep it thawed out for a couple days til I head down to Mississippi for a couple of weeks.
2007 Lance 1181, 2013 Chevy 3500 DRW