cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

lincolnmatthews
Explorer
Explorer
Recently moved my toilet back an 1 1/2" by using an 1 1/2" "offset toilet flange" from our local hardware store. Will give us more useable room in front of the "pot" on our Lance 880 wetbath TC. Did require cutting the hinges off the lid, so now we will have to lift it off & set it beside the toilet. Till we find a different toilet someday. Anyway I think this will be alot better for us, helps solve a long time complaint with this camper.
Also pulled the top moulding off the drivers side top of TC, & removed about 6ft of staples to gain access into the wood area. The vent had leaked, along with the railing posts over the yrs. Camper stored inside, but previous ownner, plus I didn't catch it in time. Luckly all the wood was bone dry, only the plywood (Luan) had delaminated. So I used the West System Epoxy between all the layers & reclamped everything, turned out very well. Will do the other side this winter, not near so bad. Also removed all that pain in the $%^$% yellow sealer that Lance used around all the fittings, hatches etc. Completely resealed everything on the top. Also removed all old sealer around all windows (everything) & resealed them also. Thourghly detailed the "ol gal", color matched the jacks & rear bumper a couple of yrs ago, it looks almost new now!. After all this I guess I will keep her now for along time. Hard to sell something after ones busted there butt repairing it over the yrs. Anyway sorry about the long post, but can't wait to take it out if it ever warms up here in the Pac. NW???? Enjoy your TC!!

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I put in the new custom black out curtains! Yay!! Next is the new regulator and propane hoses.... then the Boondocker converter.

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
unfortunately what i do way to much of, too much washing and not enough camping. SIGH!!

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
I watched snow cover it's pretty roof:E
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing with the camper, though I did drive the truck into work today :).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

James_
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed "pump rub" issue (that was fun) replaced emergency brake pads, replaced back break rotors, flushed break system, aligned front end.
2006 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4X4 dually, crew cab.
6.6 diesel, Allison trans. Air bags.
2011 Lance 992 duel pop-out, 2200 gen, 135 watt solar panal, Yakima skybox.

turtletalk
Explorer
Explorer
noxinnhoj wrote:
you should start a new reality series,"gourmet cooking in the t.c.",lol

Actually a great idea!

mark_be
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a wired backup camera (color, heated and with sound). Took 2 full days to install it. Lots of time wasted on finding the right wire for the reverse light. In the end I found that the truck has a pre-installed relay for extra backup lights and used that.

The camera switches on automatically when shifting into reverse, but can also be used as a rear view mirror while driving. It remembers the last chosen option when switching off the truck.

It also has 2 extra inputs, which I'm going to experiment with. What I'm going to do is: I'll install a dome satellite antenna on the camper that keeps tracking the satellite while driving and I'll install this wireless system and connect its receiver to one of these free inputs inside the truck. That way my passengers could watch tv while driving and even switch channels, because it also sends/receives IR-remote signals. Don't know if it's going to work the way I want, though... But I'll try.
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel (DRW Crew cab Long bed)
Sonnax TQ and Sonnax 4R100 rebuild - 6.0 transmission cooler and OTW cooler.

2011 Arctic Fox 992 - 2.5kW propane generator - 315AH Trojan batteries - 2kW pure sine wave inverter - 140Wp solar

Western_Sky_Ran
Explorer II
Explorer II
Taking 2 of these 3 lazy guys out for a ride. The TC is coming along so I can relax and hold down the homefront while the girls go out on an adventure 🙂 Guess I'll run the old gas out of the Honda 2000i, while I'm at it....

Ford F250, Super Crew, 4X4, 6.0 Liter Power Stroke Diesel with a Reese hitch.
2008 Carraige Domani DF300 fifth wheel

***And a 2011, Lance 825 Truck Camper!!***

RALLIES ATTENDED 2

nkrantz
Explorer
Explorer
Started unloading getting ready for the 1140 next week
AF 1140 2 optima yellow tops Honda eu3000 honda eu 2000 companion

2012 Ram 3500 DRW Roadmaster Sway Bar, Airbags, stableloads, superhitch, Buckstop bumper, carli lift, Alcoa's with 3970lb toyo AT's

weymard
Explorer
Explorer
Connected the French propane bottle after some modifications on pipes and joins,and tested all appliances , all run very well.
FORD F250 LARIAT 4X4 DIESEL 2008
Lance 815 2007
France, Normandy

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the Knape & Vogt Wall TV Mount and replaced it with an Omnimount.

When rotating the TV from the bedroom to the kitchen, the K&V left the TV in a crooked position.

The Omnimount is stronger, and as advertised will Tilt, pan and swivel for maximum viewing flexibility.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got a face full of slightly acidic vaseline (I smeared vaseline on every metallic surface after installing the new batteries to keep the metal from corroding again, so the gas vapor from charging simply collected on the grease, which I got on my face while trying to replace the caps without completely removing the batteries) while replacing the first set of flow-rite qwik-fill watering caps that I moved over to my new batteries with a new set (old set would puke water out the vent instead of sealing tight when the batteries hit full, damaged by WFCO boil-o-matic doing it's number over 5 years on my first set of SCS225s).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
you should start a new reality series,"gourmet cooking in the t.c.",lol
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Friday night, working a double to cover for a driver that didn't show up, being upper management can really suck some days. Working a 20 hour day and now way no how was I going to eat fast food. The Barn where I keep my Lance is in the area where I'm working so I hit the market for some Shrimp, pasta and veggies and went to the camper for a relaxing quiet dinner

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags