cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

Jon_L
Explorer
Explorer
Before last weeks de-winterize and maiden voyage of the new year, installed a programable thermostat. I love that thing. No more getting up to a cold camper. Today i installed a replacement drawer closer.

meatwagon
Explorer
Explorer
Filled the fresh water tank, installed a Purr water filter on cabin sink , flipped over my hitch ball to level boat trailer{cause of new air bags). Look out crappies cause I'm coming to get you Saturday:B
LINN
06 chevy xcsb 4x4 2500hd dur./allison(air bags,hellwig sway bar,front hitch receiver,reese titan & 24"ext.hitch,timbren fr. ses., bfg a/t 285/75 16"
13 lance 825(3 battery bank,honda 2500w. generator)
07 rhino/look 7x12 cargo tl.
95 stratus fish&ski

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Couple of days ago installed a wireless backup camera on the camper.

Today received my 36" Super Truss. Didn't come through very well as it was supposed to be delivered yesterday and then they took it back last night for an inspection. They delivered it today and I asked what the reason for not delivering yesterday and the box had come opened and spilled out the contents. So they put it all back into the box and sealed it up and delivered today.

Well when I opened it up it was messed up a lot of the paint was scratched up. The bracket that hold the 7 pin plug was bent and the paint was cracked off from it. There was no packing on the inside to keep the pieces from rubbing each other and they had rubbed quite a bit. The decals were messed up and some of them were missing. I ordered it from Tweety's so I called them and told them what happened and they told me there is supposed to be packing material inside to protect it. They are getting another one on the way to me and having the shipping company pick this one up so went back out to the shop and packed it all back up and it is sitting in the garage whating for the shipper to pick it up.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

Bigfoot85
Explorer
Explorer
Ready for project #2 ... working around the black and gray tanks. Finished off a couple of extra saw-horses to keep the TC up while I'm underneath.
Simply.Living.Well.
Bigfoot 9.5
2004 Chevy 2500HD 6.0, 4.10 manual

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the stained toilet paper shroud with a clean and shiny new one.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

fatmanobx
Explorer
Explorer
Got all of my bedding washed up and everything wiped down inside for my trip back to Arkansas next week..can't wait to get back on the road again...
2011 Lance 855
3.5# Minpin named Darcy RIP
Ford F250 Super Duty

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Was going to load the TC back on today, but its WINDY as all getup here. Maybe tomorrow.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Bigfoot85
Explorer
Explorer
jamminalong wrote:
Did my emissions and got my tags yesterday! $60 for the Truck and $15 for the TC.
One step closer!!

Load 'er up! The sun is out and it's time to go ... :B
Simply.Living.Well.
Bigfoot 9.5
2004 Chevy 2500HD 6.0, 4.10 manual

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Buzzcut1 wrote:
so nice not to have to hunt down a dump station

AGREED!

I installed one in my last house. My next house will have one, which I move in to in a few weeks.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
topped off the trucks diesel tank, filled the propane tanks, starting to load in the gear to head off for some fun
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
loaded her up with food and beer,put the heated mattres pad on,rolling out tomorrow for a rainy first weekend of camping!(with full hookups,lol)
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
Did my emissions and got my tags yesterday! $60 for the Truck and $15 for the TC.
One step closer!!
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Got the toter....Red....smogged and tagged today.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Let's see, I pressure washed the deck and did yard work around it. I've also sat in the camper alot playing Minecraft on my laptop :p.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
My thinking may be all wrong on this, but here it is.

First, this camper is itty bitty. Anything I can do to expand usable space is a win for me. As was previously stated, place to take off shoes, unleash the dog and wipe her down, annex to boot the Little Man to....you get my point. Maybe eventually add sides to increase usefulness...who knows. I am feeling my way thru this thing.

Second, for various reasons, the pop up is what I have to work with and if I can keep the rain away from the 2 piece back door to prevent leaks, that is one less place I have to worry about. (call me a girl...I worry alot)

I chose the ARB type because of 1) weight (I want to say around 22 lbs) 2) cost (well under $200) 3) mounting flexibility (I hope). It is intended for mounting on a roof rack, but since you have to buy the mounts separately, does it really matter what the intent was...just what you are able to come up with to make it work for you.
4) with the frame seems more stable than a "bag awning" and comes with case that stays mounted, you don't have to take it on and off.

There was considerable awning discussion on the Expedition Portal. I'll probably spend half the evening tracking down the pictures of mounts. I believe there are also pole extensions out there. I foresee this being used primarily when we are set up for days with it off the truck and it won't be so high up.

Here is the back of my little TC so you can get a better idea of my problem.

Sorry this became it's own discussion..should I move it to somewhere else?

Maximum photo width=640

The subject of the Thread is very broad, and in my opinion invites this type of discussion. It is Ok to leave it run here, or you can choose to start another thread. Personally, I would let it run it's course here.

Wayne
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon