cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 rv parks

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
In and around Ft Hood Tx, and Huntsville Al. Wife wants to visit friends and since we now have slides can no longer stay on streets as when we had TT. I looked but KOAs are some distance away from these 2 locations. So if anyone knows of nice little parks it would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
2G's, yes we discussed that already, but no we will just visit a couple of friends in both areas and return to the rv to stay in. Slides in leaves a lot to be desired when trying to get around stuff, but it is always a short term option.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you're visiting then you probably will be in their homes mostly. Can't you stay in your RV on the street as you always did with your slides in? It's not like you'll need all the extra room of your slides out. Just a thought....
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

CaptPicky
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Point Mallard Park in Decatur. We stayed there about 8 years ago and was awesome. Great little water park close by and some nice walking trails.
Retired Firefighter, Inspector, Investigator
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback 5th wheel
2002 F-350 Crew Cab DRW 7.3 Powerstroke
3 kids
2 dogs
1 wife

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thanks, yes we have mil id's but since I carry, dont want to mess with the mp's or have any hassles because of a weapon on board.

I did look at campgrounds before I asked and they showed a bunch, but thought Id ask for insight by folks who have been to these places. We usually stay at KOA's but none are close to either.

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
Hank, if either of you have an Military ID card there is a great camp ground on post at Ft. Hood.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try Monte Sano state park outside Huntsville
Near Killeen is Dana Peak Park
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
What we do is look up the visiting towns on GOOGLE MAPS. Then type in RV CAMPGROUNDS in the search form. Many campgrounds to lookup... You can also use RV PARKS AND CAMPGROUNDS to look for campgrounds in all the areas listed by location.
RV PARKS AND CAMPGROUNDS

We also like to go to GOOGLE EARTH and zoom down and look at the various places that we haven't been to before...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS