cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alaska caravan

austondog
Explorer
Explorer
Just booked a Canada Alaska 60 day tour with fantasy tours. First time to Alaska so decided to go with group. Does anyone have experience with this company
10 REPLIES 10

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
have a great time and ignore those who say you must 'eat where they tell you',
'you must travel where they tell you to', ignore those who say 'you are led around'. you are spending a lot of money, enjoy it. on our 2004 trip caravan with Creative World was GREAT. they tell you where you will spend the nite, how, when you got there was up to you. the events and meals were also great.

this was the best vacation we ever had, and the most expensive.
3 times we left the group and rejoined later.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
A 60-day trip to Alaska for $10,500 isn't too bad, and the itinerary certainly covers a lot.

I figure the cost to you will be more than double that after fuel is paid for.

For some folks, caravans are a good thing. I would be annoyed by not being able to adapt the schedule to accommodate a temperamental Mother Nature. And sometimes we just want to stay in a spot longer to enjoy the recreational opportunities, or to just sit and time-out alone in the bush for some fishing or 4-wheel exploring. This is when you get to feel the real Yukon and Alaska, rather than the tourist-front.

Of course, the bigger issue is I'm a planner and would have a hard time letting go and letting someone else do that for me :B
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

austondog
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I had lot of discussion on tour and going alone decided on tour for first trip also this includes stampede next year we will go alone and explore and use tour money for fuel thanks for input everyone

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
I have never been but a couple of days ago I was talking to a guy who had been on one through Fantasy and he couldn't say enough good things about the tour to Alaska. Another pea for the pot.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Some like it.....some don't. I felt ripped off. If you like someone else to plan your vacation (where to stay, what to see and do, when to go, what time to go, where and when to eat) you'll enjoy it. If you like to venture off on your own and explore you don't get a lot of opportunity to do that. Either way you won't forget the trip.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
You want to go to the Stampede? Adventure's trip, for $1300 less, is full. Their other Alaska trip, for $1700 less, has availability.

I have been on trips with both Adventure and Fantasy. Both were good trips. Adventure trips are usually less than Fantasy and Adventure is a little easier to deal with. Nothing wrong with Fantasy.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

austondog
Explorer
Explorer
Actually did some research but it was late in year before this became possible and everything booked spot came open due to cancelation thank u

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Did a Rose Parade Tour with Fantasy.
We were parked the whole time and they bused us around to lots of activities.
Had a great time! No complaints!
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
BTW wouldn't it have been better to ask the question B4 you booked?

Yeah--I would have recommended Adventure over Fantasy.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Great Company. You'll have a wonderful time.
BTW wouldn't it have been better to ask the question B4 you booked?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)