cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad dealing with prarie sky rv repairs in coaldale alberta

seejp
Explorer
Explorer
Took our 5th wheel into Prairie sky rv in coaldale, alberta to have an insurance claim repaired from a tire blowout.
They did a half ass job repairing it, refused to repair it properly, put two different kinds of linoleum in it. hacked the trailer instead of removing the pieces doing the job properly and replacing things the right way!
Never bothered to check if the trailer was winterized and split my hot water tank. When asked if they were going to repair it they quoted me well over $1200 to replace it. THEY BROKE IT!!!!
Just a warning folks don't use these guys or others like them! They don't deserve our time or hard earned money!
Sorry for ranting on but I feel I've been taken advantage of and if by reading this you are saved the same bad treatment I was given by these guys I will be glad.

And if anyone knows of a way that I can recoupe some of my out of pocket costs of having to repair my trailer properly or have someone else fix it right please give me your feedback.

Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
bigdogger wrote:
Stopping payment for something you haven't received is almost universally OK, but stopping payment on a check for services rendered is usually not.

Exactly.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

bigdogger
Explorer II
Explorer II
explorenorth wrote:
nomad297 wrote:
southwoods46 wrote:
Place an immediate stop payment on that cheque and let insurance company deal with this outfit! Hope it all works out for you.

This is illegal. At least, here in the USA.

Bruce

It's not illegal in the States, but as in Canada, you can be sued for doing it (breach of contract, fraudulent purchase, etc).
Actually, depending upon the circumstances and the jurisdiction, it may very well be illegal and criminal prosecutions for theft by check are common. Stopping payment for something you haven't received is almost universally OK, but stopping payment on a check for services rendered is usually not. Be careful and don't take the internet's word for it. Al Gore and the other internet inventors aren't going to come to your aid in the unlikely (sarcasm x 1000) event information on the web isn't true.

explorenorth
Explorer
Explorer
nomad297 wrote:
southwoods46 wrote:
Place an immediate stop payment on that cheque and let insurance company deal with this outfit! Hope it all works out for you.

Bruce

It's not illegal in the States, but as in Canada, you can be sued for doing it (breach of contract, fraudulent purchase, etc).
Murray

Whitehorse, Yukon
http://ExploreNorth.com/
and blogging at http://ExploreNorthBlog.com/
I live to travel, and travel to really live

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
southwoods46 wrote:

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

southwoods46
Explorer
Explorer

seejp
Explorer
Explorer
unfortunately my wife signed off and gave them the check today.
Then noticed all the stuff afterwards.
When brought to their attention was told they were done with it and that was that.
Had my wife in tears. I wanted to go there and tear them a new ahole.
NOT a good way to keep your rights to cross the border though?
Just angry and frustrated.
Will call the insurance agent in the morning and hopefully they will help straighten it out.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most of the time you have to sign off that it was fixed for the insurance company. I would contact the insurance company and tell them it was not fixed to your satisfaction.
colliehauler wrote:

seejp
Explorer
Explorer
They have no accountability
Were "we got your money and don't care attitude was sickning.
I am contacting my insurance agent first thing and letting them deal with it.
I dropped it off in the fall and was told it would all be taken care of.
Even offered us a free mexico bogus trip/time share trap. Which we passed on.
And the $1200 plus was over and above the over $4000+ they are making on the insurance claim.
I asked the guy in charge if the structural damage underneath was repaired and he didn't have a clue???
OMG these people are not good people

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
It was your job to winterize before you drop off unless you paid them to do it. The rest sounds like a very poor repair job.

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
If it was an insurance claim then I would not have signed off on it. I would have contacted the insurance company and have them deal with the whole mess. They are the ones that are paying the repair shop.
Is the $1200 over and above the actual claim? If you have not taken the RV home, don't until the insurance company has dealt with it.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
File a complaint with your insurance company. If further damage was done as part of the repair process which will require additional outlay, then your insurance company may pay it and go after these folks.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
I agree .... if the job was not done properly, your insurance company should be notified
2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
If it was an insurance claim they should handle it for you.