cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUFFALO, NY / TAMPA ,FLA .AREA

woodwkr
Explorer
Explorer
first time big trip south for new full timer, 38' fifth wheel,leaving around mid/ late October
ideas for routes and stops along the way, in no hurry , just have to get used to not working and deadlines.
thanks for your inputs,
Neil
5 REPLIES 5

woodwkr
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all your suggestions, will see how it goes,
Neil

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
We cant wait has given you the best route to take to tampa, we do it every year. Fuel is cheaper in Wytheville, VA then just south of Charlotte on I 77 in South Carolina, Then at either Exit 3 or 1 on I95 in GA.
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
There's only 1 long steep grade on I-77 and that's going south out of Va. into NC. Don't think it's over 6% though. Ran a tractor trailer down it 100's of times with no issue.

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
I77 is a very scenic route but has some pretty steep grades crossing the Blue Ridge. I'm not very familiar with routes around Buffalo, but I like 15 thru Pa down to I81, then down to I66 near Strasburg, Va to Rt17 to I95. You avoid the long steep inclines of I77. I also don't like I81 from North of Harrisburg to Scranton. Lots of steep and curving ups and downs. Don't have any experience towing between Buffalo and the Elmira area.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. 🙂

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
We live down in Jamestown and for us here the quickest route is I-90 to Erie, then I-79 south into W.Va. then US-19 south to Beckly Wva. Then I-77 south to Columbia S.C. then I-26 East to I-95 south to Jacksonville Fl. I-295 west around Jacksonville, then I-10 west to Baldwin Fl, then US-301 south to Ocala Fl, the I-75 south to Tampa.