cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Oregon to the Grand Canyon

74vette
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning our first trip to Zion, Bryce and Arches parks the first week in October. We will be traveling with our black Lab and pulling a 28 foot 5th wheel. Looking for RV parks in that area and route recommendations. Boonedocking for a few days is also possible. We are planning on spending a couple weeks in the canyon area before heading off to parts east. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
yep, Ralph mentioned Red Canyon which is an electric only park but very pretty. Down the road you have Panguitch which has a couple of RV parks and a KOA. I know hitch-n-post is a year around park, not sure of the others. Kanab is a little far away IMHO for easy site seeing of Bryce, Zion or the Grand canyon. Getting late in the year for many places. Mount Carmel has several RV parks, check rvparkreviews.com for more info.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
For Zion, check if Watchman CG within the park will be open. They have electricity but no water, so you'll need to take it on before heading in. There are also numerous private RV parks within Springdale but we stayed at Watchman and loved it. For Bryce - check out Ramblin Ralph's Website- he just recently stayed near Bryce and south of both Zion and Bryce in Kanab. He has information on both on his site along with GPS coordinates and pictures. He's got lots of great information up here. When we've gone to the Grand Canyon, we've visited the North Rim most often, but that is high elevation and closes earlier than the South Rim, but is by far the prettiest and best, in my opinion. In Jacob Lake, north of the entrance, there's a FS CG at the junction. There's also a FS CG on the road to the North Rim and numerous boon docking sites on the road behind this CG. I believe that Ralph has boon docked there and lists it on his site for one of his travel years. You may be able to fit within the park, if it's open still. With snow already in parts of Montana and the East, it may be coming soon down there too. Oh, and near Bryce there's also Ruby's Inn and a CG within the park, but I don't recall how big the sites are. We stayed at Ruby's Inn and liked it.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many of the state parks east of the cascades will be closed or curtailed operations after Oct1. So good luck finding much except private parks.

Explorer
Explorer
Wow, can I have one of your puppies.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.