cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chevrolet trucks set record on the Alcan!

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
10 REPLIES 10

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
06Fargo wrote:
4x4Dodger - I wonder if I heard the poet narrater say "automatic shifting" and "hydraulic retarder"...?

Me started truck driver training at 14 too - 57 single axle with 292 - 6 and 5 and 2 speed rear axle hauling grain from the combine

Ya he did say that. And it surprised me. I know my dad wouldn't have bought an automatic...cause he couldnt fix it.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
4x4Dodger - I wonder if I heard the poet narrater say "automatic shifting" and "hydraulic retarder"...?

Me started truck driver training at 14 too - 57 single axle with 292 - 6 and 5 and 2 speed rear axle hauling grain from the combine

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very Cool, I'd give my eye teeth for that panel van.

And it was in a Chevy tractor like that (and a little round-front internationl) that my dad taught me how to back a 40 foot furniture trailer when I was 14.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
loggenrock wrote:
The cadence of the narration follows the Robert Service poem "The Cremation of Sam McGee". ST

Yes,cool story

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174348

Tee_Jay
Explorer
Explorer
joe b. wrote:
I read the other day, that for the last ten years there are more Chevy trucks still on the road, than any other brand. Most all of the Ford, Dodge, Toyota and Nissan trucks made it safely to where they were going. LOL

Snort!!! Coffee all over the monitor.... And I used to hear Found On Road Dead.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
EEWally wrote:
I love old Chevy trucks. That straight-6 235 is still a good engine. It was the reason GM waited so long to introduce a V-8.

Here's my '48. I've always dreamed of taking a major trip up north in it.

Wally's '48.
-

Nice, same age as me! :C

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
I read the other day, that for the last ten years there are more Chevy trucks still on the road, than any other brand. Most all of the Ford, Dodge, Toyota and Nissan trucks made it safely to where they were going. LOL
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

EEWally
Explorer
Explorer
I love old Chevy trucks. That straight-6 235 is still a good engine. It was the reason GM waited so long to introduce a V-8.

Here's my '48. I've always dreamed of taking a major trip up north in it.

Wally's '48.
-

1997 Lance Squire 5000, 10-foot camper
2001 Dodge Ram, Cummins, Ext. Cab, 2WD
Our Trip Journal

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
The cadence of the narration follows the Robert Service poem "The Cremation of Sam McGee". ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

Fish__n___Grits
Explorer
Explorer
Plymouth had the same ad --- Champs of the ALCAN Run!! L&M cigarettes advertised "LESS TAR - MORE TASTE" There were no "Truth in Advertising" laws back then. Every claim had to be taken with a grain (if not a whole box) of salt!
Billy & Dale
'99 F350 DRW Superduty
'02 Lance 1161
Salli the "Schnoodle"