cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-10 Lake Charles LA to San Antonio TX

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
If you were leaving Lake Charles LA and only wanted to drive less than 3 hours till your next stop and stay for 2 nights on the way to San Antonio, where would you stop to stay?

Newbies at this, and would appreciate advice!

Thank you all!
9 REPLIES 9

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
bobcouch wrote:
If I were you, I would want to get past Houston before stopping.
About midway between Lake Charles and San Antonio is Stephen F Austin State Park, not a bad place to spend a couple nights.

I agree, Stephen F. Austin is a nice stop.
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on Gulf Coast right outside of Beaumont. Stayed there on way out to Bandera, TX and happened to be there at stopping time on way back to FL. Also used Passport America.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
I'd hate to be making that trip tonight.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

bogeygolfer
Explorer
Explorer
That's great advice, Bob. We love SFA State Park. And timing of when they get to Houston is very important, as well. If it were me, I'd leave Lake Charles no later than 9:00 a.m. and you should be fine going through Houston around noon.
2002 KZ Sportsman 2405
2005 Duramax
1996 Foretravel U295

bobcouch
Explorer
Explorer
If I were you, I would want to get past Houston before stopping.
About midway between Lake Charles and San Antonio is Stephen F Austin State Park, not a bad place to spend a couple nights.
Bob and Honey Couch
2008 Keystone Everest
2007 Dodge MegaCab w/ 5.9 Cummins
http://boggythicket.blogspot.com/

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
GailS wrote:
Gulf Coast RV Resort in Beaumont, TX has a high rating and if you belong to Passport America the rate is $20.00 a night. That is probably the one LynnandCarol were recommending. It appears to be about an hour drive from Lake Charles.

Perfect, thank you all so much!

GailS
Explorer
Explorer
Gulf Coast RV Resort in Beaumont, TX has a high rating and if you belong to Passport America the rate is $20.00 a night. That is probably the one LynnandCarol were recommending. It appears to be about an hour drive from Lake Charles.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
AlmostBoatless wrote:
If you were leaving Lake Charles LA and only wanted to drive less than 3 hours till your next stop and stay for 2 nights on the way to San Antonio, where would you stop to stay?

Newbies at this, and would appreciate advice!

Thank you all!

One of the best trip planing tools we have found is the Trailer Life Directory's "RV ROAD ATLAS" they have great maps with all the Good Sam's campgrounds noted on the maps. Use the Atlas to find the camp you would like to stay at, then look up their numbers in the Good Sam's Directory. call and make reservations for the night.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
There is a nice RV park on I10 near Beaumont, TX. Gulf something???