cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I -95 by Richmond

jjcook
Explorer
Explorer
On my trip plan they show road work south of Richmond on 95s . How bad is it and will it affect travel on Sundays. Thanks
2013 GMC 2500 crew cab Denali , 6.0 , 4:10
2003 Cardinal 29WBLE
16K dual pivot Husky Slider
6 REPLIES 6

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
how far south of Richmond is the construction?? I NEVER take 95 threw Richmond... 295 is a much easier ride..
X-2, wider, higher speed limit, far less traffic, and almost never any accidents.
It's no real problem getting to 85 from 295, just get off at exit 1, onto 95 north, go 5 mi and exit onto 85 south, still a far better trip than going through town.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Bumpyroad wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
how far south of Richmond is the construction?? I NEVER take 95 threw Richmond... 295 is a much easier ride..

I wouldn't go on 295 unless you are staying on 95 south of Richmond. if going on 85, go thru on 95 stay in middle lane, and no issues.I used to go around 295 since the limits were insane on 95, now they are more reasonable, 65 and drops to 55 in down town.
as I recall the lit information sign on the NOrth side of town, most of the closure etc. would be at night.
bumpy

Yes.. I do agree.. when I travel from our PA office to the Richmond office to the Charlotte office ,I stay on 95 to 85.... When doing Florida and its the daytime , its 295...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

I wouldn't go on 295 unless you are staying on 95 south of Richmond. if going on 85, go thru on 95 stay in middle lane, and no issues.I used to go around 295 since the limits were insane on 95, now they are more reasonable, 65 and drops to 55 in down town.
as I recall the lit information sign on the NOrth side of town, most of the closure etc. would be at night.
bumpy

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Robert78121
Explorer
Explorer
You can pretty much always count on 95 being a bad drive unless you're doing it at 2:00 am. Just allow for delays, because more than likely that's what you'll get. The last time I was down that way road construction from Alexandria to NE Georgia probably added two hours to my time on a weekend.
Washington DC Area (NOVA)

Camper: 2004 Damon Daybreak 3285 WorkHorse 8.1
Toad: 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - BlueOx
Toy: 2012 Ninja 650 - Versa Haul VH-SPORT-RO

Spent three years full time, so I know a little about it.

Chuck_in_va
Explorer
Explorer
They are doing bridge work there, I believe they are working 7 days a week. They had the shoulder closed but had 2 outside lanes open. On Sunday you will not have the daily traffic to deal with which is a big plus. If you time it right you will have delays but it should be ok. If you have a choice try to hit it in the am. Good Luck

Chuck in Va