cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hot Springs AR to Moscow IA to HWH factory

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We need to travel from Hot Springs AR to Moscow IA to the HWH Factory for service. We're in Hot Springs now and are booked through Sunday. 2 Questions: 1. about when will the weather (snow and ice) clear. Be gentle... we're Floridians! I know this year is different so just looking for approx or averages. We have plenty of time and not an urgent problem. We can wait until April if necessary. 2. What route? We don't mind going extra miles for safety. We can also stop over on the way to wait out the weather if necessary.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi
7 REPLIES 7

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all your help. We made it to HWH today and have an appointment tomorrow. Got here early enough to get a spot with electricity. When we leave, we'll take the recommended route south thru St Louis.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If you need to overnight at the HWH Factory, they do have some spots with electricity by the shop. You need to get there during work hours though.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
'Avenue of the Saints' (st Louis to St Paul), otherwise known as the Walmart service road (for the big distribution center in Mt Pleasant). ๐Ÿ™‚

notruffinit
Explorer
Explorer
Follow the "Avenue of the Saints" from St Louis north to Iowa City. I have been on that road and though not interstate, it is a good road and if I remember a good bit is 4 lane.

The snow in Iowa is pretty much gone now and the roads should be clear unless there is a snow event that happens between now and when you expect to travel
'11 Ram 3500 Cummins
'12 Cameo 34SB3

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
In case it isn't clear, the Moscow the OP is asking about is in SE Iowa, just up the river from Arkansas. (Not the Idaho one).

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
No way to know when the weather will clear. For now we are in a mild spell up here, but that can change at any time. Good luck to you!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't see evidence of snow on the ground, though it is currently dark at the web cams. With temperatures going between freezing and 50s, any snow that falls will be flurries that disappears soon. But the campground nearest the factory does not open until April 15.

7 day forecast for Moscow, IA

The only snow I see on Iowa DOT webcams is a few plow banks in the far NW.