cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atlanta....

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
How is traversing Atlanta on I-75 on a sunday afternoon ? Headed to Dade city FL this comming sunday, the 30th.
9 REPLIES 9

jeeperdude10
Explorer
Explorer
I usually stay in the 3rd lane from the left....usually have no issues going thru Atlanta. Never know for sure tho, once the 285 loops hook back up and all the 18 wheelers.
2016 Bounder 35K
2014 Freedom Edition JEEP Unlimited
Traveling thru this great country

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you want to stay off the interstate then I would agree with the above post plus instead of getting on I-75 at Tifton... at Albany take 19 south to 98 and Brooksville then Dade City. You will get to see a lot of Fla that is not developed on divided 4 lane roads.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

americanrascal
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
How is traversing Atlanta on I-75 on a sunday afternoon ? Headed to Dade city FL this comming sunday, the 30th.

Keep an eye on this link if you can before you pass through or as you travel if you have the capability. Its a relatively accurate and good resource for real time conditions.

www.511ga.org

If 75 is bad look at 285 on the west side.

A more relaxing alternative to totally by-pass Atlanta is to move down on the west side of the state grabbing the GA 53 exit at Calhoun to Rome, then US 27/ GA "1" down to LaGrange, then I- 185 to Columbus, then GA 520/Corridor "z" to Tifton at I-75. That keeps you on good 4 lane all the way to south Georgia along the west side of the state, mostly rural areas, good speeds 55-65, with a few reasonably sized towns along the way. Speeds are pretty good and its a more relaxing drive if Atlanta concerns you.

All that said Atlanta isn't usually too bad on Sundays unless something major is going on downtown or there is planned construction. The web site should clarify whether there are any issues though.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just drove south as far as Stone Mountain this past Sunday and it wasn't a problem! Having a GPS with lane indicators was helpful.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go straight through and do not stay in the right lane as you loose two lanes twice without much warning.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

nelson
Explorer
Explorer
Sunday, Noon is about as good as it gets
2002 Damon Challenger 348 Ford V10
Blue Ox Auto Stop and Aventa II Tow Bar
2001 Ford Sport Trac with Remco Driveshaft Disconnect

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Usually not bad on Sunday
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a smart phone get the app "Waze". People report real time traffic problems.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The DOT might have traffic cams. I would want to know just before going.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman