cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indy I-65 - I-70 downtown closure Aug/Nov

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
The downtown I65 - I70 split area will be closed for 3 months to lower the roadway. Trucks keep hitting the 14' high bridge.

A video camera shows some of the offenders in action. Between now and the closure I hope I can remember not to follow trucks to closely.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman
7 REPLIES 7

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
Peg Leg wrote:
JHBlack, I'll assume that your coming up I-74 and continuing up the same or taking I-65 to Chicago (Uck). Just take I-465 to the south around to your choice of roads. The SW side of Indy will usually have the cheapest fuel. Indiana doesn't include the tax on their diesel prices, so check closely.
I always come in from I-65s and I-465w to I-74w to either Bloomington and I-39n or on to Quad cities and I-80w. I never pull into downtown. As far as the fuel prices the sales tax isn't charged at the big rig pumps, but is for RV's.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
JHBlack, I'll assume that your coming up I-74 and continuing up the same or taking I-65 to Chicago (Uck). Just take I-465 to the south around to your choice of roads. The SW side of Indy will usually have the cheapest fuel. Indiana doesn't include the tax on their diesel prices, so check closely.
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

JHblack
Explorer
Explorer
I've not looked at my route yet but does this effect trip th SD in August leaving SC?

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I always love the start of college season in Boston. There's a very low bridge on Storrow Drive (which feeds into the main college areas) and every year at least one or two moving trucks get stuck there. Clearance is 11 feet. It's very well marked, colleges tell people about it and yet, without fail, somebody doesn't pay attention.

I can't wait until they shut down the Callahan Tunnel in Boston which goes to Logan Airport. 3 month complete closure then closure during the night for a few more. Looks like if we go anywhere we'll be flying out of Manchester, NH!

Thanks for the info (even though I'm not likely to be out that way). Posting closures such as that are a great help.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think they've finalized a date as of yet. If you normally go thru on I-70, take I-465 south. It's only 2 or 3 miles longer but the road is smoother.

Hey Dutchmen Sport, I live north of town near Hwy 9.
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know the date in Aug that the closure will take place? We normally go through but can go around if necessary.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, heard about that on the news. Fortunately, I don't travel that direction. Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, Anderson, Muncie is pretty much my local driving destinations.

Hey Peg Leg, you're from Anderson. Hi neighbor!