cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Las Vegas to Boise

Karanavore
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of pulling my trailer to Boise from the Inland Empire over Thanksgiving holiday- mainly so I can take my three dogs. My concern is fuel driving thru NV. I have an 06 4Runner V-8 and I'm pulling a 21' Surveyor. I fuel up about every 200-250 miles.
From Vegas, Mapquest routes me on US 93, then to Nevada 318, and back to US 93 to Idaho. Does anybody know the fuel situation along that route? Or should I just stay on US 93 all the way? My daughter has gas finder apps on her phone and it looks like we should be okay, but I'd like to ask folks that know.
Any idea of how long the drive from Vegas to Boise would be anyway? I'm trying to make it in one day. I'm planning on leaving early Tuesday before Thanksgiving and returning Monday after. I'm retired so I can flex days if necessary.
Thank you all in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Take the 318, no worries on gas but keep it topped off as described above.
It is a long haul for one day... start at sunrise or a little earlier.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Some options:
Alamo Truck Stop, Alamo NV about 95 miles from Vegas.
Flying J at Wells, NV
Flying J at Twin Falls ID Hwy 93 and I-84 exit 173.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Had to edit as I was going the other direction. Take 318 and get gas in either Alamo or Ash Springs before getting to 318 and then gas in Ely. Also there is a new station at junction of 93/I15 where you can fill instead of trying to stop in Vegas. What about going 95 ? It seems that going to Boise it would be better to take 95 to 80 to Winnemucca then to Boise. Map it both ways and check.

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
It's about a 12 hour trip.

93 > 318 > 93 is approx. 40 miles shorter, than taking 93 all the way.

Be sure & stop in Jackpot & leave them a donation also :B

If you intend on Boondocking, Coming into Boise on I84, take exit 50A, stay right when exiting to Overland, then right again. There is a Wally World 2- blocks on the right.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

dakdave
Explorer
Explorer
We have been this route numerous times with our class a .Good road and on 318 you can get fuel or gas in the small towns . dave

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
Ely has fuel, and its 243 miles taking that route, Alamo also has fuel, it looks like you would need to top off there
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension