cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long Island, NY to Wells , Maine

Rolo2
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any ideas what's along the way from Long Island, NY to Wells, Maine. Would like to stop going and coming. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
Rolo2 .... I live in Merrick a couple of miles from you. About 10 years ago we went to Maine and as others have said we took the Orient to New London Ferry. We only has a pop-up at the time. If you do take the ferry make sure you make reservations ahead to time, especially if you are towing.

It was worth the extra $$. We went on a Sunday morning. The ride out on Long Island was great, the weather exceptional which made for a very pleasant ferry ride.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Aces High also close to the New London ferry terminal. However, if you're on the south fork it might be quicker to go through Throg's Neck.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Rolo,

Long Island is long (news flash), about 110 miles long iirc.
Where are you planning to start from??

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the ferry from Orient to New London, spend the night at Countryside RV Park in Griswold CT

Rolo2
Explorer
Explorer
Any nice areas? Campgrounds?

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Mostly lots of traffic and rough roads but Providence and Boston and Cape area would be on my list. I hate that stretch of 95 but you probably already know best time to drive it.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
What kind of "stop" are you looking for? Dining? Scenery? Campgrounds? Fuel?
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie