cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Los Barriles and Todos Santos RV Parks - Been There?

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has RECENTLY (within a year hopefully, but longer ago is ok please just tell me when) stayed at any of the following RV Parks in the Baja:

Las Palmas Tropicales near Todos Santos

Martin Verdugos RV Park Resort near Los Barriles

East Cape RV Park near Los Barriles

Please tell me your thoughts on these parks.

Note: I have already been to the sites on the web and ins some cases corresponded with them. So please spare the posts telling me to do those things. I am primarily looking for personal experiences here.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
Exactly why I free-camped on the wash just north of Play Norte! Easy access, walk to town, restaurants, etc. View of the water, view of the stars, quiet and free. Had my privacy tent with porta-potti and a solar shower. See it here. under Los Barriles.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
4X4Dodger wrote:
Selkie wrote:
Friend and I spent a few days at Playa Norte Jan. 2013. Liked it much better than Martin Verdugos. Far less crowded. Would love to return there.

One reason I did not include Playa Norte in this question was because I had already corresponded with them and they are asking $32/day for a THREE MONTH stay Electric NOT included, plus $2/day for my two dogs.

I found that just a bit over the top.

We're talking Baja here, right? At $32 a night, plus electric, plus pets, I'd boondock all winter. Wouldn't cost you a thing. JMHO
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks to those that answered for the info. Anyone else been there, stayed there?

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed in Las Palmas Tropicales in Casita del Mar a few years back. They were talking then about opening the park. Very nice people and we had a GREAT stay. At that time there was NO RV park in Todos Santos I would have stayed at. We did drive around and check out the parks. The beach is a surfer beach. Very rough, BIG surf. The Casita would shake during the night when the big wave pounded the beach. Made you wonder if they were coming to where we were.

We also checked out Los Barriles but found most parks packed in smallish spaces. Most were located on the beach but the campsites are well back with no view of the water. There is free dry camping/boondocking North of town. At the time there were plenty of people staying there and you could SEE the water. You are exposed more to the wind at the boondocking location. Los Barriles is very windy and a sail boarding location. There are off-roading trails.

Good luck,
rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

"I should proof my post, sorry about that."
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
Selkie wrote:
Friend and I spent a few days at Playa Norte Jan. 2013. Liked it much better than Martin Verdugos. Far less crowded. Would love to return there.

One reason I did not include Playa Norte in this question was because I had already corresponded with them and they are asking $32/day for a THREE MONTH stay Electric NOT included, plus $2/day for my two dogs.

I found that just a bit over the top.

Selkie
Explorer
Explorer

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
East Cape is about 95% full-timers at this point, with most having built homes or enclosed their rigs. There are only 2-3 spaces left to accomodate overnight travel. Martin Verdugos is still operating and becomes quite crowded during the wind-surfing season. It is not "near" Barriles, it is between main street and the water, right in town. This leaves Playa Norte, which is just beyond Barriles-but you can walk or bike to town. Verdugos is more expensive being in town, having a bar, restauant and deck, along with rental apartments.