cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Low Clearance, Lordsburg to Globe to Apache Junction

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone gone this way? Any real low clearance problems? I notice getting under the RR track in Lordsburg seems to be 13' 8". My trailer runs about 13' 1", so guess I could manage that. Any other problems?
5 REPLIES 5

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just stay away from this one in Durham, NC: youtube vid. A couple of FWs didn't make it. :E

When an RV manufacturer lists a height, is it to the top of the highest object on the roof or is it to the roof surface? And can you assume the manufacturer is accurate enough or should you measure it yourself to be certain?

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
I google mapped that tunnel west of Globe; the sign says clearance is 13' 3". That's a little too close to my 13' 1" for my comfort zone. You know, if I mismeasured by 1", and if the highway dept added a little asphalt, BAD! Thanks anyhow guys.

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
Came that way in January, no problems good road.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
went that way in November in my MH there is a tunnel just east of Superior, AZ but west of Globe that is 13' 6" otherwise you are good to go.
Also at the New Mexico Arizona border is a no longer used weigh station that I have spent the night at.

Edit
There is a 7% downgrade that is quite long before the tunnel so make sure you have good brakes and use the safety stop to check your rig and cool the brakes before starting down if you have been using the brakes frequently.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
No problems. We've done it with our 40' MH. I don't recall any bridges to go under.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel