cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

miles

mike54
Explorer
Explorer
Trips and Streets had a function you could be in how many miles a day you wanted to drive from that is would break the trip into days.

Does any one know a trip planner that has that function?
Mike
2005 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins diesel
2007 Montana 3500rl
5 REPLIES 5

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Street Atlas was pretty good, but they got bought and trashed my Garmin. The Garmin maps are no better even if you update. The computer packages are a joke and a bad joke at that.

We have evolved to a system where we use an old copy (no new are available) of SA to plan the excursion and keep tabs as we go. Then we load that route to a Garmin Nuvi (the traffic monitor never did squat), but then monitor that with Google maps as they seem to know what is really happening.

If either Garmin or Google cared, they could make an absolutely killer road travel package, but none of them care about our market. So, I guess we will keep working the way we are until there is nothing left but the Walmart/McNally atlas.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We've used DeLorme Street Atlas for 30 years or so. It can do what you're asking. You'd have to purchase the last version though. They won't be making any new versions.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using DeLorme Street Atlas for many years and it gives you most of what you want. Instead of miles, you can set how many hours you wish to drive, the mpg of your vehicle, the tank capacity and more. The map will show when and where you will need fuel stops and where you will be at the end of the hours you intend to drive. It is a bit clunky to use, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to use. My main complaint with it is the maps are out of date and not as accurate compared to Garmin or CoPilot

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Another member offered this site -
https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-can-i-travel.htm
It at least will give you a radius from a point of your choosing in miles - so if you want to travel 300 miles in a day, this will show you where that will get you, so you can start looking. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Not that I've seen. Streets has a lot of great features. No reason to stop using it just because it's a few years out of date. The roads aren't changing, and if POI are important, you can download updates from 3rd parties.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed