cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pittsburgh to Ft Myers

Islandtime
Explorer
Explorer
We have made this trip many times, but this is the first time we will be driving our motorhome. We are leaving right after Christmas, and are wondering how far south we have to go before we will find an open campground?
6 REPLIES 6

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to good sam trip planer and pick a state you can then filter out only open all year. You will find several RV parks in every state you are going thru.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Ontario has RV parks open year round. I have stayed at RV parks in Maine, NY and PA that were open year round.

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know how far you plan to drive the first day, but Western Village in Carlisle Pa is open year round and has pull thrus for any size rig. I use 81 myself and once you get into Virginia and south most of the parks are open year round. I realize 81 may be too far East for you.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
There is a KOA, just south of Charlotte, I think it is open year round, google and find out, after that there are lots of places open from there south. BTW watch the weather and I can tell you that I 79 to Rt19, to I 77 gets snowy that time of year, if it is clear I make it to Charlotte in 7-8 hours.
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Figure out how far you would normally drive in one day and do a Google search for `______ campgrounds' and put the location in the blank or consult one of the campground directories for that same town. Then get on the phone if the information is not on the website/directory.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
I know Sesqua Centennial in Columbia S. C. for sure. Its only a mile or so off interstate .
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work