cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

problem of mail

AlCar
Explorer
Explorer
Planning trip to Alaska in 2014. In the past, we have been gone mostly 2-3 weeks at a stretch and pick up our mail when we get home. The only down side to this is every once in a while I end up paying a late fee on the cards because I missed the deadline by not planning the trip careful enough. It is not much but I figure it will add up on this trip. So, how do people handle this situation? I am afraid to many late fees will eventually hit my credit score and I would like to avoid that problem.
23 REPLIES 23

lonnie4801
Explorer
Explorer
Re bill payments. On line banking. Works great even when you are home.

Re mail. If possible, have someone collect it at your house every couple of days. Then every 2 to 3 weeks they can forward it to you via UPS or USPS. Many campgrounds will accept mail and if you plan ahead you can have it sent to a campground you are planning on being at the next week.

We also have it shipped via USPS to General Delivery to a small town we are traveling through. Need about 2 weeks lead time for this method.

Enjoy your trip.
2007 HR Ambassador 40'
2015 Colorado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
West Texas, Retired

Fulltimers. No more grass to cut, no more leaves to rake, and can move if we don't like our neighbors.

Have driven or camped in 49 states. Have camped in all Provinces in Canada.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Online Banking --- God's gift to travelers......
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please tell us why you are not paying these online. I would think even ONE late fee would hit your credit score.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
If you have trouble going completely paperless, can a family member or neighbor check your mail and call (you call them) you with amounts and due dates?
Or, track your due dates. While on your trip call the companies and ask for balance due. Mail check.
Not too many years ago, I tracked bills. Using copies of previous bills sent in what I thought would be an overpayment. Just to be sure the bill was covered.
I'm now paperless except for one utility bill.......
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on everything on-line... It's just click-click-click and all charged to the bank...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
You need to move to the credit card web sites. Setup your accounts and pay direct from your bank. Very safe.....
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
I try to pre-pay anything I can. All regular bills like Electric -, water, phone, etc. My mail is forwarded to our son and he has our check book and can pay any thing. I pre-pay any credit card I have. Plus when we are some where with the inter-net I can go on-line and check balances. I also pay on-line when ever possible. In fact almost all my bills are paid on-line or drafted. I write very few checks.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
X2
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

orfsotr
Explorer
Explorer
I do everything on line as far as bills and banking are concerned.