cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Road Atlas

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just ordered a new Garmin, we have AAA maps of the states, smartphones with all of that however I enjoy looking through the good old

Rand Mc Nally book to get an overall view of the state and local area. I see there are different ones out there, some have the GPS co ordinates etc now.

The electronics are fine but I can't travel without my torn up old map. What's out there now. What do you like.
19 REPLIES 19

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart has a Rand McNally with lists of all the Walmarts if that is of interest to you as it is me. LOL

My maps navigator tried to send me down a Ranch road to get to a state park. The road was clearly marked "Private Road". It kept trying to get me to turn around. I just kept going and was soon at the park????

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:
I just ordered a new Garmin, we have AAA maps of the states, smartphones with all of that however I enjoy looking through the good old

Rand Mc Nally book to get an overall view of the state and local area. I see there are different ones out there, some have the GPS co ordinates etc now.

The electronics are fine but I can't travel without my torn up old map. What's out there now. What do you like.

We love using the good old Rand Mc Nally book. We don't leave home without out it..:W
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
. . .BENCHMARK Maps. . .On AMAZON. . .Shows all the info you need including Camping!!!!! I have them for all the Western states; they also have Apps if you need that. . . GOOD STUFF!!!!

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Truckers Atlas available at most truck stops

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
The electronic maps just can't be trusted once you get off the major highways and interstates. There are many reports of people blindly accepting their gps routing and finding themselves in dire circumstances. I personally have had several occasions when the GPS software had me turning down goat paths. So we all need to check reality against a paper map.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper